Leaving for first Elk hunt today!

dpaine84

FNG
Well the day is finally here. Me and two of my closest friends leave tonight and drive 17 hours to begin our journey. I have been planning this for over a year and its finally here. I truly hope with all of the preparation and research we stay safe and have the trip of our lives. I will be sure to post updates of my successes and fails. I want to thank all of the Rocksliders that commented and gave advice on my first post. Here goes nothing, God Speed, and Good luck to everyone who goes out this year.

wytx

WKR
Yep, cold and snow, be prepared. Hope you have the right snow tires for the Colorado highways, they have a "chain law".
Hopefully someone on here knows the language in it. I do believe 4wd makes you legal.

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck to my fellow Texans and everyone else finally heading out. Meeting my son in Missoula Montana for combo elk/mule deer hunt. Bringing all my long drawers.

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck Texans, I'm not making Elk this year but got my first Wyoming Lope this year and all over the Whitetails down here.

Fullfan

WKR
I wish I only had a 17 hour drive, it takes me 36-38 from Pa to Idaho. Any ways good luck, don't try and see or do it all in one day. If you hear a bull do your best to get as close as you can. Remember most elk will not move until it is almost dark.

J20Hunter

FNG
Good Luck guys. I head out to Wyoming Friday north of Cody .Took 11 years to draw Elk tag

Pghhunter

FNG
Left from Pa earlier today. Passing through Iowa currently. Can not wait to get into the drop camp on Thursday. First time hunting out west. So just looking forward to soak in the scenery and hopefully punch a tag on an Elk.

Good luck to all heading out!