f***, bunch of vehicles parked at 'my' spot

OP
davsco

davsco

WKR
glad to make everyone laugh! i'm actually off my game with a pretty good (ie bad) cough/cold. gonna hit the clinic later today hopefully for something so i'm 100% on my game come saturday morning (and more scouting tomorrow)!

ok, i guess i am a friggin' idiot. i was using the web version which did not have a date, just downloaded it and that version does say exactly three years ago so guessing first elk 2015. it was showing what looked like the couple of vehicles i saw in another spot so thought it was realtime, again i'm an idiot! but this does look like it was a hotspot three years ago, hoping those guys don't come back...

but i guess the real question is, what do you do if you come to your hike-in spot and find some vehicles there at 0500?

I wouldn't go so far as to call you an idiot, but you made me laugh pretty hard too.

As someone else posted, get out there earlier. Hike in earlier. Adapt to any pressure from other hunters. Have fun. Good luck.

Either that... or go golfing and quit crowding those other guys' spot!!! ;>)

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
but i guess the real question is, what do you do if you come to your hike-in spot and find some vehicles there at 0500?

Oh, they'll be there........it's rifle season. Everybody will be there. The last year I rifle hunted (about 15 years ago) I counted 25 vehicles at one trailhead. I'm not even sure how to process those hunter's thought processes past the first couple vehicles. Mindboggling.

tntrker

WKR
I always arrive HOURS before the other guy would...It sucks but is a must foe me even just for deer hunting.

gumbl3

WKR

Know where the pressure is, know where the elk will retreat with pressure, go kill elk...

If they go on private land you're SOL

wakechase

FNG
Yes some people choose not to hunt a place when there are vehicles at a trailhead but some of us do not have that luxury.
I hunted a unit in north Colorado this archery season and there were at least 10 vehicles and trucks with horse trailers at the “trailhead” every day. There are elk everywhere in this state, if you want to cross paths with them you have to ask yourself, “how hard do I want to work for this.” I can guarantee you that I was the first one up and hiking every morning. I was at it before the sun was up and after the sun was down, while others were enjoying beers back at camp, there is nothing wrong with that but I am determined to harvest. I made it happen on day 6 of a 6 day solo hunt but I never gave up. How bad do you want it? Out hustle everyone and it doesn’t matter how many vehicles are in the parking lot. Good luck and most importantly have fun!

Art Vandeley

Lil-Rokslider
ok, i guess i am a friggin' idiot. i was using the web version which did not have a date, just downloaded it and that version does say exactly three years ago so guessing first elk 2015. it was showing what looked like the couple of vehicles i saw in another spot so thought it was realtime, again i'm an idiot! but this does look like it was a hotspot three years ago, hoping those guys don't come back...

I would just stay in VA. Those vehicles are going to be there and there's no way you will get an elk.

OP
davsco

davsco

WKR
some mean folk on here... guess that makes you feel good, too bad.

good news is opening day i hiked 1-2 miles into the canyon i selected, planted well before sunrise, other than 2 guys that stayed within 50 yards of the road, no one else anywhere around. bad news is i saw 2 cow elk at sunrise along with a huge muley and a bunch of muley does, and that was it for the entire day.

hunted two other spots today, one i still hunted this morning for 6+ miles down towards piceance creek (portion that had water) and even with the fresh snow and mile+ views, saw zilch, ditto tonite (no snow) near white river where i planted over a huge field.

robie

WKR
some mean folk on here... guess that makes you feel good, too bad.

good news is opening day i hiked 1-2 miles into the canyon i selected, planted well before sunrise, other than 2 guys that stayed within 50 yards of the road, no one else anywhere around. bad news is i saw 2 cow elk at sunrise along with a huge muley and a bunch of muley does, and that was it for the entire day.

hunted two other spots today, one i still hunted this morning for 6+ miles down towards piceance creek (portion that had water) and even with the fresh snow and mile+ views, saw zilch, ditto tonite (no snow) near white river where i planted over a huge field.

Come on man. No one was really that mean. You should read a thread when someone has the cajones to say they like KUIU, way worse.

Your post was just pretty funny to most of us on several levels.

Good luck and keep at it and let us know when Google Maps becomes a live streaming service, I'll pay for that!!!

Come on man. No one was really that mean. You should read a thread when someone has the cajones to say they like KUIU, way worse.

Your post was just pretty funny to most of us on several levels.

Good luck and keep at it and let us know when Google Maps becomes a live streaming service, I'll pay for that!!!

Wouldn’t be worth much at night.

I just made an appointment for a flu shot. I never get one, but the symptoms described here from a cold scare the crap out of me.
And i do love my KUIU clothes.😍

Tony

jmez

WKR
Appt? Go to Target pharmacy, they give you the shot for free and s $5 store coupon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk