Arizona Unit Questions

Whip

WKR
With elk season come and gone for me it's to start dreaming of next year. A buddy and I think we are close to being able to finally draw an AZ tag. We have our #1 choice identified but are still debating whether to put down a second choice option.

I have a few units I've been looking at but would like some opinions of people who might be more familiar with them. Questions like hunting pressure, access to public land, etc.

In a little hesitant to identify the units here publicly if I can avoid it. But would love a chance to hear from those more familiar with AZ units by PM if possible. The units we are looking at would be considered mid-tier units, not so much the top end ones.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Without commenting on units, I will mention that last year in AZ I drew BOTH elk AND antelope and BOTH were my second choices.

wapitibob

WKR
You are a long long way from unit 1 if a non resident.
AZ looks at both 1st and 2nd choices in both, the Bonus Pass and 1-2 Pass draws. Drawing a 2nd choice is common practice.

OP
W

Whip

WKR
We're not looking at unit 1 Bob, just have our number 1 choice identified that we think we have a chance at.