Wyoming Elk Unit 122

madtom

FNG
Difficult hunt unless you have access to private land. Good luck!

Just came back from 7 day grind in 35. There were some cows in there and plenty of sign but we were a day late and a dollar short every day. Locals said they'd never seen the herds hit private so early, but we did the best we could. Averaged 7 miles every day and did 12 miles and 1100' of elevation on Thursday when we thought we finally had them cornered. We were in the right spot but cows didn't show up until after shooting light.

Tough but extremely rewarding hunt with my 17 year old daughter, best friend, and his 15 year old son.

johnbow

FNG
Just came back from 7 day grind in 35. There were some cows in there and plenty of sign but we were a day late and a dollar short every day. Locals said they'd never seen the herds hit private so early, but we did the best we could. Averaged 7 miles every day and did 12 miles and 1100' of elevation on Thursday when we thought we finally had them cornered. We were in the right spot but cows didn't show up until after shooting light.

Tough but extremely rewarding hunt with my 17 year old daughter, best friend, and his 15 year old son.
Thinking about trying for a leftover cow tag for 122 if we draw antelope tags for my son and I. Is it worth the tag for public only?

Thinking about trying for a leftover cow tag for 122 if we draw antelope tags for my son and I. Is it worth the tag for public only?
I would say no on public. Ran into a bull once on the far north side of the unit hunting Pronghorn but that's it.