First solo elk hunt in the books

nrh6.7

WKR
Spent two weeks in WY bow and rifle hunting cow elk. Had a blast and learned a ton about the area, using Gaia and onx to determine public/private, gear organization in the truck etc...

Saw a decent 6x5 at 43 yards the first night, but didn't have any luck getting on any cows. So trying to figure out how to get back before rifle season ends. Being alone in the mountains was incredible, and will probably continue to go by myself.

Also had two antelope doe tags that I was able to fill. However, didn't realize when I bought them that they were only good on private. So went out on the private section on the HMA and didn't see squat, so spent 1.5 hours calling land owners asking about doe hunting. Was able to punch both tags on two separate places and had a blast. May even have picked up a client while I was there! I imagine I'll be going back most every year to shoot does and an occasional buck.

Everything I bought for the trip worked great, so hats off to RS and the advice I've received. FL puffy pants were probably my favorite piece of gear and were a great last minute buy! Didn't have any gear failures, but will definitely be upgrading my shelter for next year. Took a Granite mountain and it was just too small for me. At almost 47 I need to be able to move around some.

Thank you to the guys that forwarded info via PM and text, it was really appreciated!

Here's to looking forward to next year...