Maryland Elk

7Bartman

WKR
Fortunately, they don't get as big as their Western cousins. Dragging two out was plenty of work for me.
yE2IaVk.jpg

Congrats. I listened to a meat eater podcast about these deer. Sounds like they’re tough critters to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAKPAKR

WKR
Congratulations. I have often thought about making a trip across the state line to chase sika deer.

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
I have been dying to get out and go hunt for them, seems like the only place for public is blackwater refugee or taylors island. Did you kill them diy on public land, private, or outfitter? Just curious since I am from PA and this is on my bucket list hopefully for this winter!

setch

WKR
I have been dying to get out and go hunt for them, seems like the only place for public is blackwater refugee or taylors island. Did you kill them diy on public land, private, or outfitter? Just curious since I am from PA and this is on my bucket list hopefully for this winter!

+1 interested as well

OP
7Bartman

7Bartman

WKR
I shot these on private, but I've taken quit a few on public. There's basically about 40k acres of public in Southern Dorchester between Blackwater (requires permits) and public ground (Fishing Bay and Taylor's Island).
Here's a video of the hunt
YouTube

Lefty26

FNG
We chase the MD mini elk as often as possible. Bugled this guy into 10 yards mid day. He did not like the presence of an intruder and came charging in.

sika2.jpg

Last edited: