Idaho Diamond Creek Tags

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
Don't forget to follow the OHV rules during the season! Lots of people have short term memory loss up there...like all 5 of these guys (yes I turned them in). The only good thing about capped tags is if everyone is in your plan A spot, they might not be in spots B, C, or hopefully D.
View attachment 82752

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Our group was 50% - 2 of us were able to make it in under the wire....the other 2, well not so lucky...

Looking forward to it, my first time hunting Idaho.

OP
BradG

BradG

FNG
Bigtmiller Haha you must hunt the southern part. 76 has a higher success rate all around.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Bigtmiller Haha you must hunt the southern part. 76 has a higher success rate all around.
Actually it doesn't, 66A is 20% success rate for archery, 76 is 18%. He must have enjoyed his first hunt in 76 last year, a bigger unit, 56% public compared to 70% public in 66A. Elk in both units, lots of road hunters in 76.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
Dicked around last year and didn’t get my tag. Got on the computer at noon this year and they were already sold out. Guess I’ll have to go with plan B this year! Damnit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Should have seen the guys that came in to the Sportmans here. The look on their face was dumb founded when the tag werent available. Took us 15 minutes to convince them that they were sold out already.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Should have seen the guys that came in to the Sportmans here. The look on their face was dumb founded when the tag werent available. Took us 15 minutes to convince them that they were sold out already.
Lol. I can only imagine. I bet it was priceless. Like they thought you guys were making it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Why does idaho sell 2019 tags before 2019 even gets here?

Idaho F&G does goofy things. Some capped tags for other zones go on sale later. Henry's lake used to have no ice fishing, now they have an ice fishing that ends Jan 1st, forcing you to purchase a new license for the new year. I asked several friends that work for IDF&G and the explanation I got for purchase dates that seem to be all over the place is to keep revenue coming in all year. I absolutely can't prove this, just repeat. It does make sense for them from a budgeting standpoint though.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
The first time stepping foot into 76 I saw a bull within 15 minutes. Naturally, I can't imagine hunting anywhere else now haha.