TravisIN

WKR
One thing people forget is the BRO guys usually hunt with inside information, it's not pointing on a map randomly and going there to hunt. They also bring half a dozen people to help/hunt. Finding one hunting partner that is dedicated is hard enough, let alone 6 who have inside information to an area.

Haha I always wonder where they find that many guys that committed. It’s easy to find guys I get along with. Very hard to find ones with similar goals or ambition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the people I know who’ve “caught the bug” of bow hunting the rut ended up quitting that same year because of how hard it was.

Im glad that is the case! I was able to get away from people in MT and WY general zones this year and had similar results in a different part of MT the previous 3 years.

This year a group of gentleman from MA steered clear of a large area where all the elk were concentrated to avoid ruining my hunt, so there are some overly considerate folks out there.

BRO is just...too much now. I like the guys but unless they have that quirky authentic vibe like Rinella or Newberg I can't take it. Too commercial or aomething, can't put my finger on it.

Also, their series shows the brutal difficulty of bow hunting. Like 8 guys going around and killing an elk a week as a group from what I've watched.

Bulldawg

WKR
It's too much crying and hugging. I can't get past that, I have never seen grown men cry so much until I watched some of their hunts.

BRO is just...too much now. I like the guys but unless they have that quirky authentic vibe like Rinella or Newberg I can't take it. Too commercial or aomething, can't put my finger on it.

Also, their series shows the brutal difficulty of bow hunting. Like 8 guys going around and killing an elk a week as a group from what I've watched.

I don’t know man. Newberg seems to be as commercial as it gets, literally spending half the time on podcasts or episodes plugging product. Now that’s a guy that drives me up the wall... Or maybe it’s just his voice hahaha. Hey I’m sure he’s a great hunter though and that’s what counts.

Hey I’m sure he’s a great hunter though and that’s what counts.

I wouldn't call Newberg a "great" hunter, and I'm sure he wouldn't call himself that either. He does seem like a genuine guy and I for one enjoy his quirkiness so he'll continue to get my views.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

I haven't watched any of their stuff, but I start to get the eebee jeebee's just watching a hunting video with more than 3 guys together.......including the cameraman. I can't imagine actually being in camp or hunting with that many, but I'm not a fan of crowds.

I haven't watched any of their stuff, but I start to get the eebee jeebee's just watching a hunting video with more than 3 guys together.......including the cameraman. I can't imagine actually being in camp or hunting with that many, but I'm not a fan of crowds.

Lmao. I feel the same way dude. But I have watched their stuff. If anything it’s pretty entertaining. Definitely a good ya to kill a lazy Sunday.

Always a critic! Don’t hate the players, hate the game. Stop watching the awesome, free hunting content if you don’t like. Life is awesome, celebrate the good stuff and quit complaining so much. Turn your frowns upside down!

I don't care what the stats say.....there are way more out of state hunters here in Idaho than I've ever seen.

Randy

Same here, I have never seen so many A tag hunters as this year. Also non resident tags sold out pretty early this year. I think it has been some time since that happened. I'm pretty sure there were left over tags last year.

Pro953

WKR
I don’t know man. Newberg seems to be as commercial as it gets, literally spending half the time on podcasts or episodes plugging product. Now that’s a guy that drives me up the wall... Or maybe it’s just his voice hahaha. Hey I’m sure he’s a great hunter though and that’s what counts.

If you do not pay for the content how do you expect the shows to be funded.

I guess the one thing I enjoy about Newburg is he seems to generally support and like the Prodcuts that support him. Lots of personalities line up to be sponsored by any of the next gimmick item. It do not see that from him. Hell I like Meateater but some of the sponsors before that podcast are hilarious. Back Blade, Omaha Steaks... Nobody likes advertising but we are here sitting on a free forum complaining about the quality of free hunting content...

Murdy

WKR
As for the one-and-done-ers, I don't think it really matters whether they actually hunt or if they are simply inclined to hunt, either way, they will make pro-hunting voters.

I guess the one thing I enjoy about Newburg is he seems to generally support and like the Prodcuts that support him.

Newberg has been doing the shows for awhile and most of the sponsors he has now are products he used well before they were sponsors, so that's refreshing. Leupold was there from the beginning and he's always used OnX (before it was called OnX). Mystery ranch and Sitka were in season 1, too.

It's nice seeing a guy that really loves and uses the products he's sponsored by. So the fact that he's constantly mentioning them doesn't bother me since they're all good products and he's used most of them for a long time.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Same here, I have never seen so many A tag hunters as this year. Also non resident tags sold out pretty early this year. I think it has been some time since that happened. I'm pretty sure there were left over tags last year.
The NR tags sold out because residents bought a bunch of them as second tags after Aug 1st. You can look up the stats from IDFG and they'll tell you how many actual NR hunters there were. They tend to concentrate in a few units. It's interesting seeing the true numbers vs what everyone thinks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's bad for me in the areas I hunt. I'm selfish when it comes to hunting locations and will continue to be so.

Randy

If you are hunting public land you have to expect public competition. If we continue to be selfish it isn’t going to end well for our kids.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting take. I wonder how many will remain content with burning a week of vacation and $700 for a tag to go camping in the mountains with a rifle/bow.

Well I am planning my 4th trip out west. Probably won't take a break until I get an elk. Then it's on to moose or antelope.

If you do not pay for the content how do you expect the shows to be funded.

I guess the one thing I enjoy about Newburg is he seems to generally support and like the Prodcuts that support him. Lots of personalities line up to be sponsored by any of the next gimmick item. It do not see that from him. Hell I like Meateater but some of the sponsors before that podcast are hilarious. Back Blade, Omaha Steaks... Nobody likes advertising but we are here sitting on a free forum complaining about the quality of free hunting content...

I see how you would come that conclusion. Though definitely not complaining about free content. Shit free content has been the main stay of going from a flat beginner 5 years ago to where I am now. So I agree with you. Free content is important. Thanks man.