optics daypack

Pike40

FNG
I currently use an eberlestock x1a1 day pack, which has done me well for several years now. I am thinking about something more optics friendly. my day pack weight before spotting scope and tripod is just under 25 pounds, depending on how much food and water I take. My spotter is a kowa 660 series and my tripod is a sirui 2204. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mike

OP
P

Pike40

FNG
Thank you wrench, it does look like a good option. The other two that seem pretty good are the stone glacier avail and the mystery ranch pop up 18. ANy experience in comparing these?

Thanks.

PS, looks like I should have posted this in the backpack forum, if it can be moved by the moderators I would appreciate it.

Mike

Last edited:

Hairhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I used a Kuiu 1850 with and without frame this year.It works pretty darn good as a day pack,and with the frame on you can bring out an elk quarter.

OP
P

Pike40

FNG
Thanks, I will look at the kuiu, I am assuming you need the frame as an additional purchase?

Hairhunter

Lil-Rokslider
You can buy the Icon Pro as a full frame included setup, or buy the bag and a suspension set without the Frame.

OP
P

Pike40

FNG
Have you hauled meat on it? I was a little confused about looking at the website on how the frames worked.