xziang

WKR
They still hsve been promoting and saying anyone can come out there and do it. Is funny when they meet the one guy who talked to them onljne while derk was filtering water. Im still watching it. Elk101 has a series out now too.

Havent noticed grtty bowmens elk hunts lately.

id450

WKR
Yes, podcast, go hunt.com and you tube have really Made it sexy. Hey everybody , get a bow, get muzzleloader , easy draws, OTC here there and everywhere. . The woods are sure crowed due to this. But,
, Fact is we need public land hunters to have a voice. If half of them would give $$$ or participate in conservation and be up to date on political issues surrounding public lands we would have a great voice. Problem is people just want to it be so and hut what the want without thinking about what these lands are. These shows and podcast often don’t talk about that. They should changes the message to focus on what public lands do and what they need. They have a powerful tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This seemingly recent Public Land Movement is interesting to me. It's great for the obvious reasons of creating awareness and generating revenue that may lead to the protection and preservation of wild places. I also think it's a bit funny how people are treating it as some kind of discovery. Like, "Hear ye, hear ye! New lands have been found! Public lands! Where all men and women are free to hunt, camp, ride 4 wheelers, and leave thy trash behind". And then everyone's favorite spot suddenly seems popular.

tdhanses

WKR
Is there really a movement, I sure do t feel there is anymore then their was 20 years ago just now it isn’t magazines promoting it but social media. If you look at the stats hunter numbers are down and youth recruitment has been in the crapper, maybe these kind of projects are just what it’ll take to increase recruitment in the younger generation. Otherwise 30 years from now there will be few if any people hunting.

30 years from now there may not be anything left to hunt...
Is there really a movement, I sure do t feel there is anymore then their was 20 years ago just now it isn’t magazines promoting it but social media. If you look at the stats hunter numbers are down and youth recruitment has been in the crapper, maybe these kind of projects are just what it’ll take to increase recruitment in the younger generation. Otherwise 30 years from now there will be few if any people hunting.

SWOHTR

WKR
All of these whiney threads sure are getting old. I think this is the third “BRO f’d up my hunt this year” thread posted in the last week. Adapt and overcome. Constant complaining gets you nowhere. There are no victims here so don’t act like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeC

FNG
Randy Newburgh does a great job of talking about the political aspect of public lands and pushing people to join the organizations that are all about keeping public lands public. I'm a whitetail hunter in ohio and I've been hunting exclusively public land for several years. I've definitely noticed more people hitting the woods during bow season since shows like the hunting public came around but I feel like it's a good thing. The more license and tags they sell the more funds they have to put back into the land and hopefully buy more land with.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's no different than when Tiger Woods came on the golf scene. Before he became popular getting on a course was about as easy as it got, there were always T-times or space available. After........it became tough as heck. T-times booking months in advance, T-times done by brokers, and the courses were packed. All your past favorite courses were always too crowded to consider even if you did get a T-time. Rounds that took 4 hours or less were now taking 5-6+. What used to be an enjoyable past time, became an irritation. I pretty much stopped golfing for the most part because of that.

It was a similar transition that happened with fly fishing as well. I used to spend well north of 30 days on the rivers every year, especially when my dad was still alive. But fly fishing got very popular and crowded so I've probably spent 3 days on the rivers in the last 15 years. Public land hunting has started to become very similar. It's certainly not as enjoyable as it used to be, crowds have forced me out of what were my usual areas, and eventually I'll just choose to avoid all the crowds completely, like I have with golf and fly fishing.

OP
D

do1122

FNG
Just observing the difference in them this year from last and suggesting that I think even they realize a constant stream of invitations onto public lands will eventually ruin their own hunts if not their business aspirations that are dependent on video kills.

Is there a fraternity out there that seasoned elk hunters have joined to bash everything these guys do? What kind of silly are you? They promote the heck out of it. Always have. I've been following them fro the beginning and their message has gotten stronger. Not weaker. They have done this to make hunters feel compulsion to fight for public lands. While I disagree with their belief that the BHA and the TRCP are great organizations for that cause, I do share their commitment in keeping public lands open to hunting.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
It's no different than when Tiger Woods came on the golf scene. Before he became popular getting on a course was about as easy as it got, there were always T-times or space available. After........it became tough as heck. T-times booking months in advance, T-times done by brokers, and the courses were packed. All your past favorite courses were always too crowded to consider even if you did get a T-time. Rounds that took 4 hours or less were now taking 5-6+. What used to be an enjoyable past time, became an irritation. I pretty much stopped golfing for the most part because of that.

It was a similar transition that happened with fly fishing as well. I used to spend well north of 30 days on the rivers every year, especially when my dad was still alive. But fly fishing got very popular and crowded so I've probably spent 3 days on the rivers in the last 15 years. Public land hunting has started to become very similar. It's certainly not as enjoyable as it used to be, crowds have forced me out of what were my usual areas, and eventually I'll just choose to avoid all the crowds completely, like I have with golf and fly fishing.

Sometimes I think it is just math. Since I have been on this earth the population of the US has grown by about 100 million. Even if hunters are only 6% of the population then that’s 6 million additional hunters. While studies are showing hunter numbers are down on a percent basis, not so sure on a total number sometimes.

Sometimes I think it is just math. Since I have been on this earth the population of the US has grown by about 100 million. Even if hunters are only 6% of the population then that’s 6 million additional hunters. While studies are showing hunter numbers are down on a percent basis, not so sure on a total number sometimes.

And predator populations are up due to stupid laws passed by the states. Colorado, Oregon and Washington to name a few.

zallen1

FNG
Learning how to adapt to pressure is part of the challenge of becoming a great hunter. The elk populations are still strong so now it is our responsibility to become better students of elk behavior when there is increased hunter activity.

I did find it odd that BRO struggled, newberg didn’t punch an elk tag, Jacobson didn’t punch an elk tag.. 3 of the biggest platforms encouraging people to get out there and hunt elk.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have no problem with their message, but the BRO bashing is getting old.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pretty much anytime a band makes a record that leaves segments of there Audience cool there is a lot of discussion about if it’s the music or the band or the Audience that’s changing. And then folks grow weary of the discussion to varying degrees at various points in time along the way want people jus to leave it alone and buy the record or not.

The office, Kids in the Hall, Saturday night live, Star Wars, Metallica, country music etcetc

All examples of stuff that was awesome and got weak Or my tastes changed one or the other and which one may not even be relevant to me as the effect is the same I change the channel.