Finding elk sheds for turkeys!

Cranman

FNG
I’m a WI guy and am newly addicted to elk. I want to get out west and find an elk shed or two in the spring but am very limited on time due to work. I will have some jobs going in Denver, Ft Collins, Salt lake, and Phoenix this spring that I may need to “visit”. I’d be willing to trade a WI spring turkey hunt for a weekend shed hunt if anyone was interested! I have private land and also public and a lot of birds. Bow or shotgun and WI sells leftover tags otc in March. Usually have leftovers for seasons in late April through May. Seasons are in 1 week increments. Also have a cabin to stay in. Message me if you have any interest!
Thanks!

OP
C

Cranman

FNG
Bump this up. Would possibly consider a deer hunt for trade instead if the shed hunting was good!

Keep in mind there is a shed ban Jan 1 through April 30th in all units west of i25. Plan your trips accordingly. I found a bunch of sheds last year during the first couple weeks of turkey season but couldn't touch them until May 1. After that, everybody and their brother will be out. It's turned into a craze over the last 5 years.

Good luck either way. I'm just outside of Fort Collins and do a little shed hunting from time to time.

OP
C

Cranman

FNG
Thanks. I’m open to most states, also not afraid to walk...a lot. 😀