1 Classified bump per day

Another forum I use only allows 1 classified bump per day, if someone asks a question you can respond.
On this forum it seems like its a bump it up contest, a few guys even bump up every couple hours, I want to sell my stuff to, but all this bumping does is make everyone else bump there add up needlessly, Sure seems to cludder the classifieds and use up band width needlessly.
How bout we get a 1 bump per day policy.?

Thanks for listening

Trial153

WKR
Less is more. Less rules less complicated oversite. Less moderation.

The last thing mods need to be doing counting "bumps" and having to fend off PM of people ratting on each for the number of bumps on a post.

This forum is great as is let's leave well enough alone and strangle it to death with rules.

tdhanses

WKR
Takes people to moderate rules and this isn’t a big government place so it’s up to you to do what it takes to sell your gear. If people bumping too much is just to much there are other forums with classifieds.

OP
BRTreedogs
Big government? I think ur taking it a little to far there I'm talking about being good to ur other forum members.
But I have plenty of time to out bump every one on here if I want,
I just think its rude.

sndmn11

WKR
I had always thought that was a rule anyways. I don't think i would hurt to have it stated as a rule and don't see any reason why folks can't follow it on their own without big government or monitors counting bumps....

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a Moderator, there is no time to monitor this or has there really been a need to. If that were a rule, the OP would write something else, invent a question to answer or have a buddy write something. We get very few complaints about this, so I don’t see it changing.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Trail, tdhanses, and Rosin nailed it. No problem asking OP, and you’re right, it’s a little rude and I get tired of it too, but we don’t have the manpower to monitor it. And a rule is only as good as our ability to enforce it.

Frustrating that when you try to respond to a question or add details or price drop it doesnt allow you too. Only one post per day...

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
Another forum I use only allows 1 classified bump per day, if someone asks a question you can respond.
On this forum it seems like its a bump it up contest, a few guys even bump up every couple hours, I want to sell my stuff to, but all this bumping does is make everyone else bump there add up needlessly, Sure seems to cludder the classifieds and use up band width needlessly.
How bout we get a 1 bump per day policy.?

Thanks for listening
Just one more rule , one more regulation , one more law and utopia will be achieved...the struggle is real...

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Just one more rule , one more regulation , one more law and utopia will be achieved...the struggle is real...

Our next step is going to be locking down posting all together. I’m calling our new system perfection in moderation, where you have to email Ryan or Robby for them to post it. I think it will settle a lot of issue we’re having...

Yorker

FNG
People should police themselves, I don't like more than one a day if not respending or adding info