International Hunting Thread

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

I really like Rokslide and though I am not from North America, most of the information and gear talk is just as beneficial.

There seems to be quite a few international hunters from places all over Europe, New Zealand, Australia etc and I am sure they would like to share some of their experiences. I know some already try and slide their closely related hunts into various sub-sections such as Sambar or Red deer into the Elk section. In saying that, I think we could start seeing far more stories, experiences, hunts and animals posted if there was a dedicated international thread.

I'm sure there is no intention in the near future to make a dedicated thread to every single species hunted around the globe, but one thread dedicated to everything else that does not quite seem to fit would be great. I think this encourages more sharing of info and will increase the amount of international membership/traffic on the forum.

Anyone else have any ideas? Any comment?

Cheers all,

Wilkes.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Wilkes, we are more than willing to do this if you think there is enough support for it. Like to hear some feedback from others as well.

TEmbry

WKR
I wouldn't have any input as far as stories go but would LOVE to read such threads. I can't wait to take a stab at bowhunting the backcountry of New Zealand!

OP
wilkes

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome!

I personally hunt Sambar, Red and Fallow deer regularly and I love talking about them specifically and sharing the hunt experiences with others. I also plan on doing some Tahr and Chamois hunting in a few months that I am sure many people would love to hear about.

Any other internationals here like the idea?

TXCO

WKR
I have hunted in many places outside North America and think a thread is appropiate. There are many issues especially around travel and gear transportation where I think everyone can benefit. Some international hunts are easier than others and I wouldnt want people to start being negative though. I think many of us have aspirations to hunt many corners of the earth, whether guided or self guided, and frequently or maybe just once in a lifetime.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really intrigued with hunting Chamois and Tahr in New Zealand. Would love to hear some of those stories. One day I'd like to go after them.

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely in favor of this idea. Like others, I'm in the beginning stages of planning an international hunt and this would provide an appropriate space for discussing logistics as well as posting experiences. Shoot, if it ends up as a lame duck it can always be pulled.

Edit: This would be great not only for those international forum members, but North Americans that have international experience as well.

idig4au

WKR
I would very much like to see an international hunting forum. There really isn't a forum that is appropriate to discuss topics relevent to this. I do at least one international hunt a year and there is no place to share the experience and etc.

JP100

WKR
I think this would be a great idea. Ive done a couple of stories on Tahr and Chamois but am never sure whether to put them in as mountain goat or sheep hunts haha.
This would be good as alot of animals are not comparable to species in north america, Like water buff in aus,Sambar,pig hunting,African plains game and heaps of other species from countries we probably dont think of.

Thanks