6.5 prc??

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’m going to be dialing, so it will not be a Leupold. I have ZERO conference with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckleeves

WKR
The V6 isn’t a bad option. I just put one on a lone peak/ Proof 6.5 Creed build. The reticle is thicker then I prefer and the parallax seems really picky but those are my only complaints so far. Tracking has been spot on and I like the size and feel of the turrets. Glass is good, not X5 good but I didn’t expect it to be. I’m still not sure on if it will stay or not, but it’s the best I have seen so far in that weight class (have not owned a March though).

R H Clark

FNG
If it's not too heavy the 3-12 Bushnell LRHS is a good one. Better glass than SWFA and just a dependable.

Ryan-

Doesn't Whaley run a ton of HD5 or HD6 and dial? I've never heard anyone but John Burns back the high end Leupolds. But the weight savings is huge in a 1000 yard and under packing rifle

mcseal2

WKR
Had 2 Leuopld VX-6 scopes with tracking issues, I can't recommend them unless they changed something in the HD series. The glass is amazing, on par with my Swaro Z5 and I love the TMOA reticle. I really wish that scope was trustworthy dialing.

I accepted the downgrade in glass and went to a 3-12x Huskemaw on my lighter rifle. It has dialed great so far and with the lower magnification the lesser glass isn't as big a deal. I'm not reaching to far with that rifle anyway, I am shooting Nosler E tips and don't think I have the speed to get them to open reliably past 600yds.

The March or X5 is what I want for my other rifle. I really want a lighter scope but might have to compromise. What about Maven, how is their newer scope in weight and reliability?

Anyone use a barrel twist other than 8?

Some people are going as low as 7 twist for the 150 SMK and upcoming 156 Bergers. GAP started with 8.7 twist as standard on 6.5 SAUM's for 140s and under but moved to 8 twist as standard with the 147s and other longer bullets out now.

OLI62

FNG
If your willing to swing it I'd give the Tangent Theta 315M a try. I put one on my 6.5 PRC and it's pretty impressive. Dead nuts reliable tracking, incredible glass, and very robust construction to date. Mine weigh just under 28 oz's.

If thats more than your willing to bite off the Bushnell LRHS is the best deal going right now and is also a awesome scope.

Gratuitous gun pic. My 6.5 PRC with the TT.

Sodbuster

WKR
Nice island centerpiece,OLI62. what reticle?

Since my X5 bit the dirt,those TT's and the ATACR's what I am looking at next.

OLI62

FNG
And how does it look at 3x magnification?

I wish TT would adopt some additional reticle choices.

I'll see if I can snap a decent pic of the reticle 3x tonight.

Heard TT is currently working on some different reticle offerings.

elkguide

WKR
If your willing to swing it I'd give the Tangent Theta 315M a try. I put one on my 6.5 PRC and it's pretty impressive. Dead nuts reliable tracking, incredible glass, and very robust construction to date. Mine weigh just under 28 oz's.

If thats more than your willing to bite off the Bushnell LRHS is the best deal going right now and is also a awesome scope.

Gratuitous gun pic. My 6.5 PRC with the TT.

Love the well protected kitchen you have there!

Ryan, what about the 4-16x42 ATACR F1? Heavier, but compact. Then if you don’t like it you can sell it to me at a discount.

The 6.5 Saum is definitely faster, but why not build a 6.5 WSM? I’m on the fence between those two as week speak:) and yes, I know they are barrel burners!

Just a matter of action length. If you're using a short action the SAUM version lets you use longer bullets without having to seat them below the neck. If you're using a standard action that doesn't matter and you might as well just use the WSM version for brass availability.

Ryan

Looks like a great build. What bullet do you intend to start with? What brass are you running?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
147 ELD-Ms and Bertram Brass

The only well used member experience I have read with a new zeiss v6 was awful. Would not track and was waiting weeks with the scope overseas. Im in much the same situation but not quite as close to done. Everything but the glass is picked out.

I keep nudging vortex to build a 3-18 AMG down on the 20oz mark, but some things you can only dream.