6.5 prc??

The only well used member experience I have read with a new zeiss v6 was awful. Would not track and was waiting weeks with the scope overseas. Im in much the same situation but not quite as close to done. Everything but the glass is picked out.

I keep nudging vortex to build a 3-18 AMG down on the 20oz mark, but some things you can only dream.

I'd settle at 24 oz.. but yes, that would be great. I heard rumors they were working on it at least a year ago.

28bang

WKR
I haven’t heard any negative experiences yet with the v6. Not saying someone wont ever have a problem. Kyle brown who used to work for nightforce was supposed to have a lot to do with this scope if that means anything. I have one on my 6.5PRC and will do some testing this weekend.

Just a matter of action length. If you're using a short action the SAUM version lets you use longer bullets without having to seat them below the neck. If you're using a standard action that doesn't matter and you might as well just use the WSM version for brass availability.

I don't know what they spec 6.5 WSM reamers at but the 270 WSM brass is only about 0.065" longer than SAUM.

bates

WKR
Ryan,

hey have you made any measurements of the bertram brass compared to the hornady brass? I am assuming its spec'd the same?

I don't know what they spec 6.5 WSM reamers at but the 270 WSM brass is only about 0.065" longer than SAUM.
It's less of an issue of overall length than where the shoulder ends/neck starts. 270WSM brass the shoulder ends at 1.824" where the 7 SAUM ends at 1.724. the little longer neck of the SAUM just gives a little bit more room to play with seating depth with the long bullets in a short action. Same sort of little difference as between the 6.5 CM and 260 rem.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan,

hey have you made any measurements of the bertram brass compared to the hornady brass? I am assuming its spec'd the same?

I won't have the brass till Sunday. Bertram went off the Saami specs I believe.

Sodbuster

WKR
ckleeves

What happened to your X5?

I had the X5I. Hunted with it last year and it was going on an Oct Elk hunt this year.. In July, the center tube inside the Parallax turret broke loose.
This tube holds the extra battery. The cover on the turret screws into that tube so the complete center was rattling around just by carrying the rifle.
Approx 300 rounds from a 300 WSM. Issue was recoil induced only. Shipping back to me on Oct 2.

I think I will work out a little harder and go with a scope that works even if it is a little heavier.

Sodbuster

WKR
I replaced it with a Nightforce NXS 3-15 MOAR.
I have the same scope on a 6.5 and both have done nothing but work like they are supposed to.

Sodbuster

WKR
This
6d2fb4f3ac840bd81d75eeb881d8e137.jpg
14683f9dc767ff9e16551d50e0901863.jpg
2685dce7b2c0749c1ed8d1fe9704b340.jpg

Sodbuster

WKR
Ryan, i never felt a thing. Got up from the bench to put the rifle in the case and heard the noise.It sounded like a baby rattle.

Closer inspection found the issue.i have a video of it too and the whole internal tube just flops around.i have lost faith.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've had parallax knob issue on several scopes.

Now you got me worried about my X5:) Although I have already dropped it off a cliff and it seems just fine.

Sodbuster

WKR
Ryan Avery

I've had parallax knob issue on several scopes.

Now you got me worried about my X5 Although I have already dropped it off a cliff and it seems just fine.

The glass is excellent and the scope dialed accurately for me.I think the weight of the battery acted like a harmonic dampener in a Mathews compound bow. When the rifle was fired, a shock wave ran up to the top of the parallax turret. The battery weight at the top just vibrated things loose.

if it had happened during a hunt I would have had to tape out moisture and then wonder about the integrity of the parallax adjustment.
It is a sample of one but looks like a possible design flaw in the Illuminated models only. The NXS does the same thing for less money and I like their illumination switch better.

What was done to repair it also has me concerned.

Yours going down a mountain proves Swaro durability and from your review, it is a different model(no battery).

What scopes are on your list for your PRC?

My Bighorn Creedmoor showed up last wednesday, but they still have no idea when they'll get the barrel in from Proof, for the PRC. Antelope starts the 6th, and elk starts the 13th. I'm really hoping I get it before, but if not, I'll use the new Creed