Tikka Accuracy Issues

Fatcamp

WKR
All right. Thank you for the reply

We really like our fixed 6X. A finer reticle and ability to dial sound like a nice combination.

Fatcamp

WKR
Formidilosis. Hate to bother you with more questions, but also don't want to reinvent the wheel. Searched but couldn't find an answer from you

What rings/rail are you and yours using to mount these SS scopes to Tikka rifles?
I have been using DNZ Gamereaper one piece mounts for awhile with a light lap and have had no issues, but I'm not against change.

Appreciate the input.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Any other models? I am in Canada and we don't have access to SWFA. Will try other stuff first though.

They can export. Email them at [email protected].

General purpose hunting scopes that are reliable and durable scopes for dialing-

Nightforce NXS compacts, SHV

SWFA SS 6x and 3-9x42mm

S&B PMII 6x

Bushnell 3-12x44mm LRHS. Caveat here. Initially these were very good, however there have a been a couple I’ve seen and heard about have issues. The odds of getting a bad one is low, just know there is a possibility of it.

Formidilosis. Hate to bother you with more questions, but also don't want to reinvent the wheel. Searched but couldn't find an answer from you

What rings/rail are you and yours using to mount these SS scopes to Tikka rifles?
I have been using DNZ Gamereaper one piece mounts for awhile with a light lap and have had no issues, but I'm not against change.

Appreciate the input.

No problem at all.

For Tikkas, either Mountian Tactical pic rail with Warne Mountain Tech rings, or more recently Sportsmatch rings. The Sportsmatch rings are from the UK, attach directly to the Tikka rail, have a recoil pin, and are much lower than the Picatinny setup. Have been using multiple sets this year and have had no issues with zero retention when dropped. They were used on the original AI sniper system which is absolutely bombproof, so I do not expect any issues.

J5pReWz.jpg
[/URL]

lWKmutg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did you say if you tried to shoot again at 100yd off the bags and were things normal again? I had a tikka go nutty on me once, I had forgotten blue Loctite on the bases and the scope was bouncing around.

Wrongside

WKR
Any other models? I am in Canada and we don't have access to SWFA. Will try other stuff first though.
They will ship to Canada now. Shipping is rather pricey tho. If you can wait a bit, they usually gave a couple of good sales a year, making them an even bigger bargain. A few of us Alberta boys usually get together and order a bunch on Black Friday.

Take Form's advice, they are unbeatable for the price.

Fatcamp

WKR
What do they typically sell for on BF, Wrongside?

I have low patience once I have decided to make a change.

Wrongside

WKR
What do they typically sell for on BF, Wrongside?

I have low patience once I have decided to make a change.

I think last year was 25% off? Included a free SWFA bubble level and rings, if I recall correctly. Heck of a deal!

OP
O
I think I will have to give the SHV 3-10 a better look if thats the case should I change out scope. The SWFA looks great but I would end up paying the same price for an SHV or Swaro Z3 with exchange/shipping. Plus the reticle is way to busy for me as a hunting reticle. I might lean towards a Swaro as this is intended to be a lightweight rifle and 20 oz with 30mm tube does not help that out.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I think I will have to give the SHV 3-10 a better look if thats the case should I change out scope. The SWFA looks great but I would end up paying the same price for an SHV or Swaro Z3 with exchange/shipping. Plus the reticle is way to busy for me as a hunting reticle. I might lean towards a Swaro as this is intended to be a lightweight rifle and 20 oz with 30mm tube does not help that out.

The Swaro is a lateral move over the Leupold, not a vertical one.

The SHV 3-10x is a very solid scope.

CarlTuesday

Lil-Rokslider
One more follow up; are you consistently low and left? Even at say 300 as opposed to 200? If so, could be that you got bumped out of level somehow (I know you said you were initially level), with a cant to the left causing the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
O
One more follow up; are you consistently low and left? Even at say 300 as opposed to 200? If so, could be that you got bumped out of level somehow (I know you said you were initially level), with a cant to the left causing the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

No 300 is all over. Not enough to discern a pattern. The first thing I checked was scope cant and torque settings on mounts.

Wrongside

WKR

Wait for a SWFA sale and try find someone to piggyback with on shipping. Late last week we had yet another rifle 'get way more accurate' after dumping the Leupold it's had on it for years, for a 6x SS. You won't regret a SS.

Or, if you can't get past the SS reticle, at least go with the SHV per; Form. The Swaro scopes have a well established reputation for coming 'unglued'.

Sodbuster

WKR
Formidilosus

The Swaro is a lateral move over the Leupold, not a vertical one.

Unfortunately I have found this to be very true. Dumped all my Leopold scopes for various issues and moved to Swaro.

Just got My X5 i back from Austria for a warranty repair.I have Five Swarovski scopes now and three are sitting on 22 rimfires.One is on my bench and one is coming off my 375 after this years hunting season(won't be using the H&H this year).

I have three of the SS 3-15x42 and they have been great so far.Been shooting them all summer.

The SWFA SS scopes are a bargain.

Sodbuster

WKR
Disclaimer: the above is one person's opinion and not bashing anyone else's choice in scopes.
I am lucky that I get to shoot quite a bit and see some of the issues first hand.

Sodbuster

WKR
And not to derail the OP's thread but I four Tikkas, three shoot great and one is being reborn as a 6.5 PRC.