first custom rifle is done

All I've ever hunted with, or shot/owned has been factory rifles. I hang out with a bunch of enablers with GAP's and other full blown customs. Turns out, they're bad influence on the wallet. Bolted up my first custom today. Bighorn TL3 action, Manners EH6A stock, Proof carbon sendero light in 6.5 creed, Bushy LRTS 3-12, Omega can. Exceeded my expectations.... Won't be able to wring it out until the weekend....

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Looks good!! How long is the barrel?

Need to get ya some TI flat end caps for your omega. Drops the weight of it by a couple oz but most handy part is it knocks the length down an inch. :)

Congrats on an awesome looking rifle sir!

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
You sure do know how to dress up a fence post!

Sweet looking rifle. Hope that it shoots half as good as it looks.

OP
H
luke, it's a 20" . I decided I couldn't wait for the weekend to try 'er out. Shot 8 rounds after chores, 2 shots to sight in and 2, 3-shot groups. I'll clock them, figure dope and stretch 'er legs this weekend.

the other group was a bit tighter.....

slowelk

WKR
Great looking rifle. What's the finished weight? What sling is that?

OP
H
Don't have a scale. I wasn't worried about weight, or I'da left out the mini chassis and adjustable cheek...

The sling is just a piece of 1" webbing from Kifaru.

Great build!! Who chambered the barrel and put it all together? Great choice in components!! 143gr or 147gr?

OP
H
oli, Still no word on the PRC. Proof research taking over 7 months to chamber and thread shouldered prefit barrels is frigging crazy

ca805, Bighorn screwed on the Proof barrel to their action. I bolted up the rest. 140 amax

cinch, I'm really liking them. But you knew that, enabler....

elkguide

WKR
luke, it's a 20" . I decided I couldn't wait for the weekend to try 'er out. Shot 8 rounds after chores, 2 shots to sight in and 2, 3-shot groups. I'll clock them, figure dope and stretch 'er legs this weekend.

the other group was a bit tighter.....

Looks like some real potential there!

slowelk

WKR
Don't have a scale. I wasn't worried about weight, or I'da left out the mini chassis and adjustable cheek...

The sling is just a piece of 1" webbing from Kifaru.

I ask not because I am a weight nut, but because I've thought about a similar build and would like to know what I'd be lugging through the hills.

Cinch

Lil-Rokslider
Man you're gonna talk me into getting one of those Gap rifles yet! Hope your other one shows up soon but I have a feeling this one will do just fine...