Vehicle holster

ofl0926

WKR
Hey what’s up everyone. So when traveling long distance, anyone use a vehicle mounted holster that is on the dash? I know, its pretty random lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
What type of vehicle do you drive? I love the console mounts by loriven on ebay. I have one for a Dodge Ram that I'd sell cheap, don't have that truck anymore.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
What type of vehicle do you drive? I love the console mounts by loriven on ebay. I have one for a Dodge Ram that I'd sell cheap, don't have that truck anymore.

I drive a 2017 Nissan Titan XD. I’ll take a look at it

Apollo117

WKR
I'd suggest looking for a holster system that is concealed.

If the average person looked through your truck window and saw an empty holster system, they wouldn't know what they were looking at. However, it's a huge advertisement to criminals that there's a good chance there is one or more guns in your vehicle for an easy smash and grab.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I do my best to hide my guns in my truck. I keep one of my EDC pistols in my laptop backpack. It sits in the passenger floorboard positioned for easy access. I appendix carry my smaller EDC pistol all the time, so it's relatively easy access at all times even when I'm driving. I realize not everyone has my setup, but I wanted to share how I store my guns in my vehicle.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I’ve modified my 96 Tacoma and took the original center console out and replaced it with an ammo can. On the top of this ammo can is soft sided Velcro where I have an adjustable holster that is velcroed to it. It’s all black so it’s hard to tell what it is if the pistol isn’t in it.

Lately I’ve just been using a leather holster with a clip and it sits on the inside of the drivers door compartment.

I’ve thought about those but not too sure how safe they could be if I had to slam on the breaks

I'll have to check who made mine. I think it was Fox something or other, but it has held a full size double stack 9mm thru all daily driving conditions and one accident where someone pulled out in front of us.

Esse quam videri

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Hey what’s up everyone. So when traveling long distance, anyone use a vehicle mounted holster that is on the dash? I know, its pretty random lol

I don’t have a recommendation for you, but one thing to consider is that a parked car can get hot enough to loosen up a kydex holder depending on where you live and where you park.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I'll have to check who made mine. I think it was Fox something or other, but it has held a full size double stack 9mm thru all daily driving conditions and one accident where someone pulled out in front of us.

Esse quam videri

was it fox block?

Conundrum

FNG
My Marathon seat covers have a pocket on the front of the seat that is really hard to see and has fit a few different sizes of handguns. If you are not set on having it on your dash, the front of the seat works well.