Reloading Equipment

OP
mfllood3800
I actually run a separate press for depriming. I keep it in the garage and have it mounted to a board that gets clamped in the vice. That keeps primer residue out of the house and keeps the entire press area cleaner.

Depriming, trimming, tumbling,and any other brass prep happens in the garage. Reloading happens in the office/reloading room/hobby room/hunting room/gun parts room/cave.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I will tumble in the garage part of the garage, just to keep dust, etc out of the office part of the shop where the reloading happens. I thought about getting a press just for this process, but didn't want to jump head first into the hole right off the bat, know what I mean? lol
I will eventually get a separate set up if I stay in this.

OP
mfllood3800
First bullet done
I couldn't seat the bullet .010" of the lands because of the magazine size

Oh well
Will see how these shoot
bf52149e5bf18fedbdd5492812f8c11e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
First bullet done
I couldn't seat the bullet .010" of the lands because of the magazine size

Oh well
Will see how these shoot
bf52149e5bf18fedbdd5492812f8c11e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Well, guess it's off to the smith for an extended length box mag lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Well, guess it's off to the smith for an extended length box mag lol

Actually I should be fine. I had 2 boxes of custom loads done from a guy in Texas, and his were shorter BTOL than mine by about few thousands. His were less than .5 MOA. I am hoping mine which are slightly longer will be closer to the lands and not lose any performance.
With that said I would like to be closer to the lands. If I remember correctly I am some where around .020 and the Texas loads were another .050 from there.

I did cycle the bump cartridge and it was fine.
I also cycled a couple loaded rounds and it was super smooth thru the magazine.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Actually I should be fine. I had 2 boxes of custom loads done from a guy in Texas, and his were shorter BTOL than mine by about few thousands. His were less than .5 MOA. I am hoping mine which are slightly longer will be closer to the lands and not lose any performance.
With that said I would like to be closer to the lands. If I remember correctly I am some where around .020 and the Texas loads were another .050 from there.

I did cycle the bump cartridge and it was fine.
I also cycled a couple loaded rounds and it was super smooth thru the magazine.
But that guy in Texas uses special voodoo

OP
mfllood3800
Yea, when I called him asking for the data, he refused to supply it. fortunately his stuff worked. Worked pretty good too.
Not sure if it was his voodoo or his skilz.
:)