Tikka Superlight----Any sales?

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a Tikka Superlight. I'm open to caliber options. Leaning towards a 7mm-08, but this will be deer/antelope so anything similar would work.

Looks like Sportsman's Warehouse had a great sale, but they are all out of everything except varmit calibers. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other sales out there.

Thanks.

Yea sportsman's. I just picked one up a couple weeks back.. great rifle! Good enough it's making me sell my Kimber.

Edit to add I got the t3x superlite for 699 not the t3 superlite.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unless things changed the superlites are exclusives for Cabela’s (camp) and sportsman’s warehouse (black). The lite can be found other places. The difference is a fluted barrel and about 3oz if I recall.

I got a t3x 6.5 stainless lite from Whitaker’s when they were running specials and am very happy with it.

That t3 30-06 looks like a pretty good deal.

OP
mireland62887

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
They are out of the 30-06 or my search would be over already. I spent some time at Sportsman's Warehouse today. They had a nice selection, but the only Superlites with the fluted barrels were varmit calibers. I almost pulled the trigger on the Lite, but figured I'd keep shopping until the right rifle at the right price shows up.

KJH

WKR
Unless things changed the superlites are exclusives for Cabela’s (camp) and sportsman’s warehouse (black). The lite can be found other places. The difference is a fluted barrel and about 3oz if I recall.

I got a t3x 6.5 stainless lite from Whitaker’s when they were running specials and am very happy with it.

That t3 30-06 looks like a pretty good deal.

I think you're correct... superlites exclusive to SW and Cabelas.

I think they (both stores) will have one shipped from another store for the same price. You should ask...

OP
mireland62887

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
Called Sportsman's Warehouse. They will ship the '06 from Utah to my store in Northern California. It's on the way.

At $599, I couldn't pass it up. While I'd rather have had something a big smaller, you can't really go wrong with the 30-06.

Now I'll have 9 months to build it up!!!! I carried a M70 300 Win Mag on a backcountry elk hunt this year. It was right at 11 pounds with scope, sling, and ammo on the butt pad carrier. I was doing everything I could to cut just a couple ounces here and there. I think I easily just cut 4 pounds off for my trip next year!

frankrb3

WKR
Called Sportsman's Warehouse. They will ship the '06 from Utah to my store in Northern California. It's on the way.

At $599, I couldn't pass it up. While I'd rather have had something a big smaller, you can't really go wrong with the 30-06.

Now I'll have 9 months to build it up!!!! I carried a M70 300 Win Mag on a backcountry elk hunt this year. It was right at 11 pounds with scope, sling, and ammo on the butt pad carrier. I was doing everything I could to cut just a couple ounces here and there. I think I easily just cut 4 pounds off for my trip next year!

Glad it worked out, I plan on buying a super lite in .243 win or .308 win down the road.