Anyone Carry the Sig P365

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

Have been really interested in the Sig P365 in 9mm as a concealed carry gun. Anyone been carrying this pistol? What are your thoughts?

BK

My son does and I am closing in on one. Very nice pistol in a shootable size. Sig offered up $25,000 if anyone could beat their factory pros on the course at the Steel Challenge. Amazing to watch those guys shoot that relatively tiny handgun. Should be some videos out there on that. I currently have a Kimber Micro9 and it is a handful to maintain accuracy.

I carry a P238 (.380). Great little pistol, and I hardly even notice it on my side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jbehredt

WKR
I was all about getting one when it was first released. Got hesitant with the early issues. Eventually I’ll get over that and pick one up. Gonna take a lot of flawless rounds to unseat the G26 from daily carry.

hflier

WKR
I had one, good gun, but I just like to carry full size pistols. I now move between a Glock 20 and an FN 5.7. I love that 5.7 as it is so light. Lots of folks say it isn't enough gun, but 13 people killed in the FT Hood massacre counters that argument. Besides, I can carry 41 rounds comfortably. But off the point. The P365 I had was very reliable, never jammed once in about 500 rounds. I also thought it was very accurate for the close in defense distance it would be used. I liked the way it could be concealed, but I have big hands and that was my issue.

Size to capacity ratio has kept me interested. Issues with dead triggers, striker drag leading to broken firing pins, failure to go into battery, premature barrel wear, failure to extract, and the fact they are on somewhere around the third version already has kept me from purchasing. I will probably purchase one once all of the issues are flushed out.

I have one, from very early in the first run. For me, it runs flawlessly. I've only had one malfunction and it was with one kind of ammo that the gun just didn't function well with. I let a girl shoot it, and it showed the same failure to return to battery that lots of people experienced. Doesn't do it to me, but with her it was almost every shot.
I think they made a lot of good changes after the first run. I'd still swap the firing pin for an aftermarket one.
Ergonomics are amazing. Fits in my hand perfectly, and the stippling is awesome. Not tiring or difficult to shoot at all, especially for a small gun. Very accurate little gun too. I carry mine with the 12rd mag all the time, and it still hides under just a t shirt. Trigger is great.