Gun Belt Recommendation

sparelink

FNG
Lately have have been a bad citizen and have not be practicing my right to conceal carry. Main reason other than being lazy is I have not found a comfortable way to carry. I mainly wear chino nylon pants from Costco. In the summer I wear Columbia shorts of similar material. Looking for a belt that is comfortable with this type of pant that I can add a IWB and OWB holster.

Looking for a non bulky belt that will still provide good support and not look out of place with this style of pant.

What belts is everyone else using?

netman

WKR
I would check a police uniform shop in or around where you live. I say this as I’m a retired LEO. I spent half my career as a Detective. I wore khakis type pants most of the time with suit pants a day or two a week. Depending on what was going on. We had to carry Glock 22 because of uniformity. I got to where I never carried my duty weapon because of the belt sagging with the gun weight. We finally got the Dept to buy us heavy duty belts. Then we got approval to carry Airweight S&W. It was nice to have a light weight handgun hanging on your side vs a Glock 22.
However when it was something heavy going on I packed the G22 w spare mags.
I have a couple heavy basketweave belts that I wear now for packing my G22 since I retired.
The uniform shops will have belts to try out so you can get as much belt as your belt loops will handle.

Tryin

FNG
Daltech Force Super Bio Belt

USA Made Gun Belts & Holster Belts – Daltech Force

I cannot say enough good about the durability and function of this product. I have had mine for five years of daily wear with full size handguns and as an under belt for my police duty belt. It still holds an oval under its own weight and has zero stretch or material degradation.

e9867e482005119a9588878fb4ca3f83.jpg

619adb7bf4821d3789dffaafb4de8163.jpg

Last edited:

davsco

WKR
hit a gun show near you and check out some vendors with thick leather belts. really helps distribute the weight, no sagging, and doesn't scream 'tactical.'

Savage99

WKR
I have been wearing a scuba webbing (I think) belt with a “G” hook made by SOE. It’s low profile. I wear it with every pant I own everyday. I think I got mine in 2014. I don’t really care what it looks like as I never tuck in my shirt.

I can wear the pants you are talking about with a G19 just fine.

Really, any of those stiff webbing belts will work, I just used one of there’s for the durability. And made in USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eamyrick

WKR
I’ve been carrying a pistol for a living in a uniformed, undercover capacity, and off duty for the last 10 years. I would look no further than the Wildnerness Instructor belt. I’ve even rapelled from it! (Which sucks)

Last edited:

GLB

WKR
Yep, Wildernesses Instructor Belt. I have been using them for over 15 years.

howl

WKR
Daltech has good stuff and good deals regularly. I carry 4" L-frames on their double layer horsehide. No sag, no wobble. Lightweight guns like polymer carry pistols or j-frames you can get away with a stiff nylon belt like Spec Ops.

Take care when you measure to see which length belt you buy. Gun belt sellers will offer instructions.