T3x vs xbolt

Edoo

FNG
Looking at the t3x or a x bolt stalker, stainless barrel, composite stock. Leaning to a 7mm-08 or possibly 6.5 creedmore. Largest game would be a deer, farthest shot would be 300 yards. I have handled both guns, the only thing I dislike on the browning is the duratouch. The tikka seems to have a better trigger. Does the x bolt do anything better than the tikka does?

WJS23

WKR
I got both and the one that gets out of the safe the most is the tikka but they both shoot good I just like my tikka better.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at the t3x or a x bolt stalker, stainless barrel, composite stock. Leaning to a 7mm-08 or possibly 6.5 creedmore. Largest game would be a deer, farthest shot would be 300 yards. I have handled both guns, the only thing I dislike on the browning is the duratouch. The tikka seems to have a better trigger. Does the x bolt do anything better than the tikka does?

I have both too. Prefer the Tikka by a longshot. Tikka trigger makes all the difference. Plus tons of aftermarket products if that's your thing.

Dad got a tikka t3x in 6.5 shooting Hornady eld-x’s for deer and the thing is great! I’m thinking of buying one for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
I have an A bolt & t3x. I prefer the Tikka.

HookUp

WKR
I handled both and bought the Xbolt. I hated the feel of the tikka stock. I did the Mcarbo trigger spring job and love my x the way it is.

I have both and prefer the X-Bolt, by a little. The Tikka stock is a little better, but the trigger with the MCarbo spring kit on the X-Bolt is better. The 60* bolt and the safety on the X-Bolt puts it over the top. You can't go wrong with either though. I just ordered a McMillan stock for my X-Bolt. I don't know if there are many aftermarket stocks available for the Tikka.

wakedye

Lil-Rokslider
I like the safety and the bolt throw on the x bolt better than the tikka. They are lower down on my priority list of things but something to consider.

Last edited:
I have two tikkas. A friend has an x bolt and another a kimber. We swapped guns and did the Pepsi challenge. Can’t say that mine really out shot on paper but it feels just as good at less than half the price of the kimber and way less than the browning. I just feel like you get a lot of gun for a really solid price.

I have an Xbolt speed in 30-06 and a Tikka T3 in 308. Both nice guns. Replaced the Xbolt trigger with a Timney and it shoots lights out. Like them both but I like the balance, stock and feel of the Xbolt better. Really can't go wrong with either!!!!

Imho the Tikka carries better as they’re light. The XBolt is a little nicer of a rifle. XBolt has the better feeling stock, shorter bolt throw, and love the safety positioning. The Tikka has a smoother action though. I own both and neither is head and shoulders above the other to me. Heck I tote a Bergara 9/10 times now anyways. Also I’d take the 7mm-08 over the Creedmoor for the ranges you’re hunting

HookUp

WKR
Cableas has the XBolt 6.5 mm for $150 off. Brings it down to $899

Last edited:
OP
E

Edoo

FNG
That sure is a good price, I think I am going
To get a 7mm-08.

Bisley45

Lil-Rokslider
Xbolt will have a short action. I compared both a couple years ago and bought a xbolt 30-06 and I have been very happy with it. The trigger pull was heavier than I wanted but not bad. As others have mentioned the Mcarbo trigger spring works wonders. After season I plan on increasing the trigger weight a touch, as its set now it's too light.

I bought an X-Bolt Pro with the carbon fiber stock and think Browning is screwing up by continuing with the DuraTouch.

I had really bad luck with it on two shotguns where it turned gummy/sticky and never got any chemicals on it either. Definitely understand what you’re saying on the DuraTouch - I think it’s a bad idea myself.

With that said, Tika rifles are awesome. I don’t think you could go wrong with one. Good luck!

Bkottke35

WKR
I’ve had both at the same time. Have two Tikka’s now. Still like the xbolts but prefer the Tikka.

Spoonman

WKR
I got a Tikka 7mm because my hunting buddy has a Tikka and loves it. I no longer own the Tikka because I couldnt get it to group better than 1.5" and I tried a number of different ammo. I just got the xbolt hells canyon long range in 7mm and I'm shooting 168grain accubonds sub 1". The same round in the tikka shot 2". I'm sure it was just a lemon but I'm more than happy with the xbolt and really like the twist rate of 1:8 for shooting heavier bullets.