Proof research

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
What are your guys thoughts on the Proof Research Switch ? thinking about investing in one in a 6.5 creed. heard great things about them. Pricey though. Open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!

TauPhi111

WKR
Check out the Fix by Q. It's about a grand less and I think it is way more innovative than the switch. The barrel change is also much less involved.

Look like a nice list of components. About the going rate if you were going to build a similarly equipped custom if not a little cheaper and without the wait. The switch barrel aspect isn’t much of a selling point to me because you probably aren’t going to want to switch calibers frequently at all.

FURMAN

WKR
What is your goal? Are you set on a switch barrel setup? I basically just built my own switch rifle for a grand less. Bighorn action, Proof barrel chambered and threaded by Greg at Southern Precision, trigger of your choice, stock of your choice. All you need is a barrel vise, action wrench, and a torque wrench. When you are ready for another barrel Call Greg and keep shooting your rifle while you wait for the new barrel.

I built one with a Curtis Custom Vector where all I need is a torque wrench to swap barrels. So that is an option as well. There is something to be said for how convenient it is to buy an out of the box rifle, and it seems like proof builds nice rigs

I just picked up a MPA with a West Texas Ord switch lug. Makes any compatible action easily switch barrel. ARC has their Bar Loc as well.