Sako Finnlight 2

I have a stupid question. I bought a 300 wsm Sako Finnlight 2 that was threaded 1/2” by 28 for a suppressor. Can I put a muzzle break on it? The muzzle breaks I see for a 300 is 5/8”. I bought it for my kid because it was a good deal thinking I could put a break on it but then heard I might not be able to after I bought it. I should have looked into it more before I bought it. Thanks for the help.

Theres a few things you could do that should solve your dilemma

Have the threads cut off and re-threaded 5/×24

Use an adapter

Use a smaller caliber brake and have it bored out to .30 cal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
Could also go to a smith for a Hawkins Precision sporter type brake. The sporter barrels commonly use 1/2X28 when it's expected to be used with a brake and not a suppressor. Just be aware, don't get your barrel crazy hot, or you'll see some slight belling at the muzzle over time (you'd have to shoot long strings often, not the way an average hunting rifle gets shot). If you're concerned about it, you might be able to fit a 9/16x24, or go to Vias 1/2X32. Either will leave more wall thickness to resist the belling effect

treillw

WKR
I have this brake on a 300 win. Comes in your thread pitch.
T1 Brake - Terminator Products

Its great for taming recoil, but throws a decent amount of the blast back at you - I don't have enough experience with other brakes to compare its noise level to others....