Savage 110 Long Range Hunter vs Howa HS Precision 1500

tntrker

WKR
I've been researching on a new rifle in 300 win mag and I have narrowed it down to these 2 that I like. I'm a Savage fan and have a current 116 30-06 that shoots sub MOA at 400 yrds, I know they can produce accurate rifles. As far as the "looks", I'm fine. I read all the time about people not liking how they look. My confusion starts at
1. I've never owned a Howa even though they guarantee sub MOA and great reviews
2. No guarantee on Savage accuracy even though they are "generally" consistent with being accurate.
3. I can get 30% off MSRP on Savage saving about $300-$400 vs Howa.
4. I really like the thought and looks of the Howa being an accurate out to and past 600yrds.
Thoughts and any experience between the 2?

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
For a factory rifle in that price range I don't think you can go wrong with either. You are definitely getting a better stock on the Howa, HS precision is great. The Savage has that new funky accustock thing on the long range i believe. Some like it though.
Howa is the same action as the Weatherby vanguard, they build it for them, great rifles. I have seen and shot a lot of great Savages out of the box too.

If the Savage is that much cheaper to get I would probably go that route and use the extra money towards high quality glass.

Agross

WKR
If the price were the same I would choose the Howa. But for that much of a price difference I would just go with the savage.

Billinsd

WKR
I have one Savage. Actually it's a Stevens. I bought it to customize. It was real cheap and shoots accurately after I've done a lot of work on it. I belive Savages are by far the best bang for your buck for an accurate rifle. However, I don't plan on buying another Savage. The reason is, because they change things so often that it makes customitting or uprading the gun very complicated and difficult.

OP
tntrker

tntrker

WKR
Thanks for your opinions. I was wanting to go the Savage route but I just needed to know if the Howa was "that much better". I understand they probably are but wasn't sure if they were $300-$400 better..Doesn't appear so. I generally do very little, if any "upgrades" to what rifles I buy. So thanks again.

2five7

WKR
I believe the Savage has a 9 twist barrel also, nice if you want to shoot the heavier bullets.

Billinsd

WKR
I got a 24 inch 7mm rem mag and it's 1 in 9.5

I remember Randy Newberg is sponsored by Howa. He showed one on one of his videos. The one he was showing seemed real decent and light. Maybe there is a discount for using his name?