Left Handers rejoice....a little

geriggs

WKR
this may be old news to some but I just saw a left handed Tikka T3x superlite in 6.5cm in LH. Also had a 300wm and a 308. Not cheap at $930 but i have been waiting to see one for a while.

davsco

WKR
christensen started offering lefty's in short action calibers; awaiting them to do this in magnum calibers.

fierce, cooper and a few others do lefty but special order and long wait.

tikka does seem to be the best lefty option. moa guarantee, variety of offerings, pretty reasonable prices.

Shop around online and you can find them much cheaper. Recently picked up a lefty 300 wm for $725. Local retailer pricematched the online price.

Not sure I'd like shooting a LH rifle, been shooting a RH my entire life left hand, it is second nature what I do when making a second shot...

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
this may be old news to some but I just saw a left handed Tikka T3x superlite in 6.5cm in LH. Also had a 300wm and a 308. Not cheap at $930 but i have been waiting to see one for a while.

trying to get santa to deliver one.
somewhere I saw they were 700 something..........

Randy

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
The ultra lites? Camo stock and stainless fluted barrel? I will look around for one cause that seems pretty cheap to me for an ultra lite.

trying to get santa to deliver one.
somewhere I saw they were 700 something..........

Randy

BAKPAKR

WKR
yeah where are lefty's for $700? thanks!

Sportsman’s Warehouse had their version of the Superlite (black stock) on sale for $699.99 two weeks ago when I received an email that a left hand 6.5 Creedmoor was in stock. I picked it up earlier this week. Fingers crossed that it shoots as well as I hear it should.

davsco

WKR
Sportsman’s Warehouse had their version of the Superlite (black stock) on sale for $699.99 two weeks ago when I received an email that a left hand 6.5 Creedmoor was in stock. I picked it up earlier this week. Fingers crossed that it shoots as well as I hear it should.

i had a t3 in 300 win mag that kicked like a friggin mule, way worse than my un-braked but heavier 340wby and 7stw. i'm pretty sure i will get a t3x in 300wsm (supposedly the stock/recoil pad is a little more recoil-friendly) but frankly am not considering a superlite just because it technically would have even more recoil. i never feel it in the field but it does suck at the bench. great price though!

but yes welcome your feedback on how it shoots!

RedRidge

WKR
Not sure I'd like shooting a LH rifle, been shooting a RH my entire life left hand, it is second nature what I do when making a second shot...

Thats what I thought too, but once you get a LH rifle and shoot it a bit those things come much quicker. I have a LH Tikka T3 lite in 7RM that is my first lefty and I love it!

BAKPAKR

WKR
i had a t3 in 300 win mag that kicked like a friggin mule, way worse than my un-braked but heavier 340wby and 7stw. i'm pretty sure i will get a t3x in 300wsm (supposedly the stock/recoil pad is a little more recoil-friendly) but frankly am not considering a superlite just because it technically would have even more recoil. i never feel it in the field but it does suck at the bench. great price though!

but yes welcome your feedback on how it shoots!

Despite snow coming down and 10-15 mph gusty winds, I took my 6.5 out this morning to start break in and to get it sighted in. I cleaned it thoroughly before shooting and then after each of the first five shots, and then after the next 2 three shot strings. Shots 1 and 2 were at 25 yards to get me on paper and then I moved to 100 yards. Shots 3, 4, and 5 went into just under an inch, the next group was 1 3/8 inches with one of the three shots being about an inch to the right of the other two (I am blaming that one on me or on the wind), the next group was just over 3/4 inch and the last was right at an inch. This was with Hornady factory 147 gr ELD ammo. I had a box of Barnes Vor-Tx LR with me but my fingers were getting cold from cleaning the rifle so I decided to try those out when the conditions were better.

I realize these were just 3 shot groups but that is what usually I shoot with hunting rifles. I think I am going to happy with this rifle and I look forward to working up a load for it.