Review: Christensen Arms Mesa

KHNC

WKR
I have the CA Classic in 300 WSM. Great shooter, especially for such a light platform.

archp625

WKR
I know this is an old thread but I im interesting in buying a Mesa. Great write up. On a side note what rear bag is in your review and what bipod are you running?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is an old thread but I im interesting in buying a Mesa. Great write up. On a side note what rear bag is in your review and what bipod are you running?

I use a variety of rear supports. For hunting with the Mesa I really like the Rugged Ridge ERSS.

If size and weight are less of a concern you can't go wrong with the rear bag from Long Range Only. Note that they are currently out of stock but @Broz can chime in when he thinks they'll be back in stock. They are a really well-designed bag and worth having in your shooting kit for sure.

The bipod is the Javelin Long from Spartan Precision Equipment. I have been using their bipods for a number of years and they are still my favorite hunting bipod. Paired with the Davros Tripod Head you have a complete shooting and optics system with a ton of versatility. You can check out my review of that head here.

I'm also about to start a review on the new Javelin Pro Hunt bipod which I'm excited about.

archp625

WKR
I use a variety of rear supports. For hunting with the Mesa I really like the Rugged Ridge ERSS.

If size and weight are less of a concern you can't go wrong with the rear bag from Long Range Only. Note that they are currently out of stock but @Broz can chime in when he thinks they'll be back in stock. They are a really well-designed bag and worth having in your shooting kit for sure.

The bipod is the Javelin Long from Spartan Precision Equipment. I have been using their bipods for a number of years and they are still my favorite hunting bipod. Paired with the Davros Tripod Head you have a complete shooting and optics system with a ton of versatility. You can check out my review of that head here.

I'm also about to start a review on the new Javelin Pro Hunt bipod which I'm excited about.
I always appreciate everyone's help on this forum. I looked in to the products to talked about. I worry about the javlin bipod because it looks like you have to drill a hole into your stock. I would hate to do that and realize I didn't like it. I need to find someone in my area that has one that I can look at first.

Broz

WKR
Pretty sure we have sent all pre-orders and bags should be in stock any day as we have been given shipping confirmations. Thanks Justin.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I was set on a hells canyon speed but this has me thinking.

Glad to help. I haven't used one of the new Brownings but I'm sure they're nice. The Mesa is really hard to beat though when you consider all the features/upgrades included. Good luck with your decision!

How is recoil in the Mesa with 300wm and no muzzle break? Tolerable enough you could practice a few groups with? Thanks

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
How is recoil in the Mesa with 300wm and no muzzle break? Tolerable enough you could practice a few groups with? Thanks

That depends on the shooter, the shooting position, and the load. It recoils like a mid-weight 300 wm. I shoot brakes on everything so I'm not really the right person to give an opinion on this.