Kuiu Yukon Gaitor Review, by Ross Russell

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
photo-1.jpg

Gaitors can a very important part of a backcountry hunters outerwear/boot setup. A good pair will help to protect your pants from brush and water along with helping to keep unwanted debris out of your boots. Ross Russell hunts in some of the nastiest brush and weather. Chech out his latest review to see why he chooses the Kuiu Yukon Gaitor to keep him dry.

Kuiu Yukon Gaitor Review

Last edited by a moderator:

JP100

WKR
youve had those for 5 years?!??!

They are a great waterproof gaiter, the best Ive used for waterproofness.
but durable they are not, wont last a season with out a few holes at least, and the snap closures wear off pretty quick.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh no gone through two sets so far and that is set 3 in the picture have been running them for five years as my gaiter of choice. If used hard they eventually break down as they take a beating keeping you dry.

KRoch

FNG
Had mine for 2 years now and they definitely have a place. I hunt in Northern BC and they definitely keep you dry and warm. The thing I don't like about them is that they are LOUD!
Loud against brush and loud to take off with the velcro. Horrible when you decide to go on a stock and you have decide wether to make the huge noise of removing them or chance the game hear you as it brushes against the brush.