Cabelas Meindl

golfbum

WKR
So I have been shopping for a new mid/late season boot and I think I’m going to go with the perfekt hunters or Alaskan hunters from meindl at cabelas.

With bass pro now owning cabelas has the quality of these boots been lessened?

Any reviews or comments about either of the above mentioned boot?

I tried the crispi line and felt they were cheap feeling and could not get a good fit.

Kennetrek seemed to fit pretty well but I’m not sure I need a boot that is quite that stiff or expensive.

Have not tried any of the lowa boots.

I use the 4d quest for early season and may try some asolo’s when these give way.

davsco

WKR
if you have wide feet just beware that their wide isn't all that wide. yesterday i'm actually taking back the wide pair i ordered.

LaHunter

WKR
The Perfect Hunters are a good value for the price, in my opinion, or at least they were when I bought mine about 5-6 years ago. I don't use them much anymore since I bought some Lowa Tibets, which I consider significantly better than the Meindl Perfect Hunters. The Meindls are comfortable, but after a while of hiking, I seem to get a little 'slop' in the boot. I get none of that with my Tibets. The Meindle soles are not as stiff at the Tibets, but I prefer the Tibets sole, based on the terrain that I hunt.

i actually had a great fit with the wide perfekt hikers.i was was able to use 11.5 instead of the 12s that i usually have to size up to in any boot.they arent a super stiff boot and need hardly any break in. theyll probably work if thats what your looking for. Cabelas use to put them on sale in the spring and you could grab them for little over 200$ but sales seam to be never at the new Cabelas.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
I have read the Alaskan is stiffer and crampon compatible where the hunter is not as stiff and no rand.

I agree about the lack of sales!

I have been watching for the last month at least.

davsco

WKR
re sales, bj's warehouse club has (still i think) cabelas gift cards at $60 for $75, free shipping, and believe you can place multiple orders.

Jkling12

FNG
I'm a big fan of the Denali also. I don't have wide feet so I can't help you there but my newest pair is only a few months old and don't see any change in quality since the take over.

Bulldawg

WKR
To answer your original question, there won’t be any lack in quality in the boots because of the high quality standards that Meindl has. I have owned many of the boots and have enjoyed them. There are a few pairs of boots that I have found that I care for more but that’s just preference. Meindl has been making boots for 300 years in the same area of Germany. The reason there is a “Cabela’s by Meindl” some years ago a handshake agreement was put in place between the Meindl brothers and a couple buyers at Cabela’s for them to be the sole distributor in the US for Meindl boots. They then started designing and making boots that were based mainly on the European mountaineering boots but that were slightly modified for the American hunter.

With Bass Pro buying Cabela’s, firing everybody that was the contact with Meindl and understood their history (and the fact that the Meindls don’t work for a couple months during the year), and they don’t return emails except for a couple people that they like to work with. So I don’t know if that relationship will continue but I would rest assured that if you buy a pair of Meindl boots they will be of the same quality of all their boots.

If you’re a size 12 I have a brand new pair of Denalis in the box I’m looking to sell!

So I have been shopping for a new mid/late season boot and I think I’m going to go with the perfekt hunters or Alaskan hunters from meindl at cabelas.

With bass pro now owning cabelas has the quality of these boots been lessened?

Any reviews or comments about either of the above mentioned boot?

I tried the crispi line and felt they were cheap feeling and could not get a good fit.

Kennetrek seemed to fit pretty well but I’m not sure I need a boot that is quite that stiff or expensive.

Have not tried any of the lowa boots.

I use the 4d quest for early season and may try some asolo’s when these give way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I have had the Alaska hunters, meindl makes a great boot and so long as they continue to make them I’m sure they will be fine.

I got my alaska hunters in the bargain cave new for 190$, they lasted 5 years and were every bit of he quality of similar brands

Due to Bulldawg’s statement above, I am about to order my third pair of Meindl Perfekt Hikers. I have wondered if the relationship with Meindl would continue after the merger of the two companies. I bought my first pair in 2006 and my second pair in 2013. I did replace the footbeds in the 2013 pair last year before a 10 day Utah hunt. I work in an office. When not in the offic3 I generally have the Meindls on. If they fit your feet, and they do mine, I highly recommend. BTW I still wear the 2006 pair when I am mowing and weedeating.

Agross

WKR
I was deciding between the perfekt hikers and the Alaskans several months ago, and since we have a cabelas within 45 minutes, I went and tried them both on. Glad I did. To me the perfekt hikers were much more comfortable. They have quickly become my favorite boots. I wear an 11 wide in all shoes except my work boots and the perfekt hikers, the 10.5 fits perfect .

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of the Meindl perfect hikers for a Africa hunt this spring and love these boots!

I have two pairs of perfekt hikers and a pair of Denalies. They are very high quality boots, and cabelas warranty has always been great, never needed the warranty for the Meindles though. The perfekt foot beds are very comfortable. I even put them in the Denali boots. I use the perfect hikers nearly everyday for work and around the farm and they have held up well for the last 5 years.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Perfekt's now and really like them, when the time comes to replace them I will go one of two options: another pair of Perfekt's or Schnee's

RedRidge

WKR
I have had my Denalis for right at a year now where I have elk hunted and just got back from Alaska hunting moose with them. They have been great and kept my feat dry despite the wet spongy grounds of Alaska. Only moisture was from sweat from packing out 3 moose. The rand has split on the inside of the heel, but hasn't affected performance yet. I have talked to Cabelas yet, so can't speak on the warranty part of these. Overall I have enjoyed them.