Getting Scarpas Stretched?

I picked up a pair of Scarpas late spring and they've just sat all summer. Now that I'm ready to start breaking them in for my November hunt, I'm realizing how narrow they are. Yes...stupid.

What I'm wondering is if anyone here has taken Scarpas to a show repair/cobbler to have them stretched out and how it worked out. Any feedback on that plan?

Or do I sell them, take a loss, and look for a different boot? If so, what should I get? Not crazy wide feet, but not narrow either. And I like the ankle height boot, not the tall boots.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
The situation that you may have is the rubber layer that goes over the toe cap and the heel counter, or the layer that wraps around the entire boot where the vamp meets the sole, may not stretch. Plus the rubber that is on the boot already is sized for the size of the boot. The stretch that you would be able to get from a pair of lace up boots would be in the width. Then depending on how tight the manufacture pulled the leather over the last, you might not be able to stretch the boot with out the stitching coming apart. Take your boots to a cobbler or repair facility and ask them if this can be done.

If it were me, I would sell the boots that you have and go find a pair that fits properly, or see if the retailer would take them back in trade for another pair that fits. Trying to stretch a pair of boots to fit does not always work out.