Boot help!!!

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
Last week I ordered some Scarpa Charmoz from Backcountry at a great price. At the price I got them for I was really hoping they would work. I had some doubts about the fit based off others reviews and all but figured it was worth a shot. I received the boots today and upon opening one boot had a defect. The sole of the boot was not properly molded and had a gap between two of the different materials. Knowing they had to go back anyhow I was sure to try them on to see how the fit was.

Here is where I need the help.

This is my first go at super stiff mountain boots. The overall fit of the boot was is what I would consider decent. My foot is a size 11.5 but I seem to always be in a 12 in most shoes and boots. The Charmoz I ordered was a size 46 (12) and the length of the boot was good. I had a little room behind the heel with my foot jammed all the way forward before lacing. After lacing I tried the toe kick test and felt no pressure from my toes contacting the front of the boot and was happy with that. I laced the boots differently several times each way and noticed when laced tightly it felt like the boot lacked volume and was tight across the base of my toes and at the top lace of the bottom half of the boot. When laced less tightly it was obviously less noticeable but that was followed by movement around the heel.

Does this sound like a sizing problem? Just a fit problem? Anyone else noticed this with this boot? Anyone have any suggestions on some other boots to try if it’s just a fit issue? Just a side note my toes are a little odd from a lifetime of athletics.

Thanks Alan

I've found in a stiff "mountain" boot the toe box is narrow. I think it has something to do with be crampon compatible.
You could try a diamond lacing in the hot spot where u go straight up to the next eyelet rather then cross crossing.
But in general every manufacturer has a different "last" and it takes alot of trial and error.

I believe kenetrek makes a wide now.
I know crispi makes widespread. See if they offer the birksdal stiff in a wide.
Black ovis 30 return policy cost $7 return shipping if they dont work.