Can’t keep gore Tex boots from leaking!

Evannorth

FNG
Sno seal and a hairdryer. Gore Tex will leak.

I was about to use sno seal on my Lowa Tibets, but decided to talk to Lowa's customer service first. They stated the only products you should use on your boots are their Lowa branded products or Nikwax. Any other product will void the warranty. Just a heads up!

Waywest

WKR
You say you have tried some of these in the field. Did they make your feet sweat a lot or did they breathe good?

Gators will definitely help keep your feet dry. Since I started wearing gators what I thought were lesser boots were actually doing what they were supposed to do. Water will wick up your pants and then down your socks, eventually soaking your boots. I use them for everything now, chores, hunting and work. They are probably the best piece of equipment I purchased as far as game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
This is exactly what I am doing this season. GTX boots just don’t last and full grain leather boots are heavier than hell. Not to mention neither of them breathe very well.

The hard part of this is finding a boot that DOESN’T have GTX. I ended up going with Salomon Quest 4D non-GTX in their Forces lineup (military version). It’s fairly light and all synthetic so it should dry quicker. If it’s really wet out, I can step into the GTX socks. When it’s dry, I’ll save the wear and tear on the GTX membrane when I don’t need them.

This is still a “concept” for me but hopefully I’ll have some actual use with this system after this season.
Several companies make non gtx boots. Lowa, Zamberlan right off top. Think Hanwag does too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I was about to use sno seal on my Lowa Tibets, but decided to talk to Lowa's customer service first. They stated the only products you should use on your boots are their Lowa branded products or Nikwax. Any other product will void the warranty. Just a heads up!
Every manufacturer says that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk