Irish Setter Men's 2870 Vaprtrek/ Suggestions?

djtreadw

FNG
Hello all,

I am looking to get some new hunting/backcountry boots and keep seeing all the great things on the Irish Setter Men's Vaprtrek but am a little concerned with the "Ultradry" stamp. I also see good reviews on the Salomon LTR GTX boots and keep tossing the ideas back and forth. I have always been a big believer in Gore tex and was wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with either of these boots or has any other suggestions for a good all around waterproof boot?

Btaylor

WKR
I have a pair of vapor treks that are 3 years old now. Primarily only used for CO hunts, training hikes and trail hikes with the wife. Guessing somewhere in the 250-300 mile range. The waterproof aspect is still working like they were brand new. They are comfy and light but the toe box has a little too much room causing my feet to move in them when side hilling or steep downhill. IMO for a budget minded person they will get you through a hunt just fine but be prepared for taping if needed. I intend to upgrade for next year as I dont have nearly so much gear to purchase as I did this year.

Snowtop

FNG
Have two pair. Well one pair now just for hunting. Love them! The gray pair I use all the time tore at the bend of the foot where the rubber extends up. Had them for 2 years. Light and very comfortable. My son put 1280 or so miles on a pair when he walked the AT trail. They were still going strong but had to pick him up due to bronchitis.

Randle

WKR
I have a pair that I used 2 years ago, good boot just not a stiff enough sole for my feet on long extended mountain hunts, love them for short deer hunts.