Best waterproofer for Crispi.

grfox92

WKR
I know they sell their own waterproofing cream. Does anyone have any experience? I need to treat my Lapppnias. They are water proof but the leather saturates immediately in wet weather.

Will the Crispi boot Cream bead the water off the boots? how long does it last? I know Crispi reccomends their own product, but they are also selling it. I am wondering if there is anything that works better as I would like to stick with 1 treatment.

Thanks

Gary

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It is the only thing I have used on my Crispi Hunters. It protects the leather, and the seams. It has kept them waterproof, and it lasts through a 5 day hunt. I would use only whatever the boot maker recommends. I used the Danner gel on my Danner pronghorns, the Kenetrek wax on my Mountain Extremes, and as stated earlier, only Crispi boot cream on my Crispis.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Thanks. Does the leather stay dry once the cream is applied?

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Lowa water stop spray and cream on my Crispi's and it worked great. I spent the better part of a weekend camping near a creek and got them as wet as I could as often as I could. It was only a weekend but they were in and out of water for the better part of it. No issues.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Does the water bead off of the leather, or will the leather still saturate and just lot let water through?
Not sure what you mean by "leather stay dry". It does not seem to dry the leather out. It also keeps them waterproof.

Definitely rolls off. The water does not saturate the leather. I put a good coat of the cream on them when the boots were new, and wore them for several hours, then treated them again.