Crispi Summits- anyone using them, anybody tried them?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a pair of black that work great and fit well, but of course now discontinued (La Sportiva Omegas) :(

I was looking at the Crispi Summits as a possible replacement- similar look, weight to the Omegas I’m using now.

The biggest killer of boots for me is lack of toe room- I don’t have overly wide feet, just need room in the toe box- the rest of the boot (heel/midfoot) can be relatively snug.

I’d appreciate any input if anyone has tried these boots out

Thanks

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have used these boots off an on for ~2 years now. Use them mainly as a day hiker and run around boot. They fit well right out of the box and no blisters for the miles I have put on them. Seem like a great boot if you don't need insulation. Not sure they are built for really technical stuff (aka high & steep sheep hunting) as they not a very stiff soled boot. They are going with me on this year's Oct Mule Deer hunt in case the weather is warmer than I am hoping it will be, and to function as my back up boot. Are the Omegas a stiff boot?

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
the Omegas I’d classify as a light mountain boot, not overly stiff, but stiff enough for rougher country and hauling loads. They are probably as about light as possible to fit this role.

how is the toe box room in the Summits, it needs to be roomy for them to work for me

Thanks

TripleJ

WKR
I typically wear a wide in shoes/boots and need a roomy toe box. My last pair of boots (Lowas) was a wide and still felt like I had a cramped toe box. I needed a new pair of boots for bow elk season here so I went to the local boot shop that I try to support. The store only stocked regular widths in Crispis, the wides were special order only. I tried on new pairs of wide Lowas and wide Hanwags back and forth with the regular width Crispis, same size, and for my foot, the summits had noticeably more room. I ended up buying the summits. After a full elk season of breaking in/wearing them, so far so good. I can't make you any guarantees, but this is my experience :).

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good info Gents- thanks

I called La Sportiva and they looked up the Omega and said they currently don’t have any boots made on the same last, so that appears to be a dead end there

Dkd

FNG
My son bought them for me this summer. Wasn’t what I thought I wanted but didn’t want to disappoint him so I went with them. Was concerned about the narrowness of sole but after 3 pack trips and packing out an elk on one I Love em! I run from standard width to borderline wide in some brands but have plenty of room in the reg width with the summits. I think for the support, stiffness and how light they are perfect all round boot till it gets cold.

qwerksc

WKR
I just purchase a pair of the Summit GTX. I put about, ten miles on them in the last couple of days and like them so far. I can't compare them with my last boot, Meindl Denalis, They are not even close enough of a boot. The Summits are more of a hiking boot, light weight with a decent amount of support. So far, so good.
The Denalis lasted a long time, I finally walked the soles off em. Loved them so much, Im having them resoled.