Trouble with Schnees Beartooth II- need help for options ASAP

After doing lot of research here and on some other sites, I got a new pair of insulated Beartooth IIs a couple weeks ago. I loved the boots- comfortable and I liked the "not too stiff" nature (Flex 2) which will be good here in the Wisconsin flatlands, as well as the area I plan to hunt in Montana next week. I wore them daily so I'd be ready to go on an upcoming trip.

The problem is that I went pheasant hunting in wet grass and got wet feet. After talking with customer service I did a submersion test, which the boots quickly failed. They agreed to overnight another pair. But after three days they are not here, and they are not sure where they are or if they even shipped.

I'm one week out from leaving. If I can't get this straightened out very quickly what other boots could you recommend that are somewhat flexible, with light insulation (200g), 7-9" tall. I was thinking of Crispi Nevada Legend GTX. Will they "break in" quickly enough? They are a "Flex 3" more than what I think I would like. Any comments or other ideas?

Thanks.

OP
H
Never thought of that. Pretty simple. Long range forecast is fairly dry. Maybe get a couple pairs of waterproof socks? Then return them after the hunt... I was going to ship them back when UPS delivered the new ones. Glad I still have them.

Go to a local cobbler and buy a spray on water repellent! Hunts back on! I can waterproof a paper towel with that stuff. It will eventually wear off. But a short term fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21cff7639bf0fe8e324c9bac6bb03c8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm going to treat them and hunt with them, and then return them. I hope it's not wet and cold. Schnee's cancelled the reorder because they were out of my size, but they failed to let me know that. They are nice on the phone but the product and actual response has been very disappointing.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
After doing lot of research here and on some other sites, I got a new pair of insulated Beartooth IIs a couple weeks ago. I loved the boots- comfortable and I liked the "not too stiff" nature (Flex 2) which will be good here in the Wisconsin flatlands, as well as the area I plan to hunt in Montana next week. I wore them daily so I'd be ready to go on an upcoming trip.

The problem is that I went pheasant hunting in wet grass and got wet feet. After talking with customer service I did a submersion test, which the boots quickly failed. They agreed to overnight another pair. But after three days they are not here, and they are not sure where they are or if they even shipped.

I'm one week out from leaving. If I can't get this straightened out very quickly what other boots could you recommend that are somewhat flexible, with light insulation (200g), 7-9" tall. I was thinking of Crispi Nevada Legend GTX. Will they "break in" quickly enough? They are a "Flex 3" more than what I think I would like. Any comments or other ideas?

Thanks.

This is our least favorite thing in the world to hear about, believe me. I've been there, spent good money on boots only to have them fail before or during a hunt and it's never good. I am terribly sorry you received a pair of defective boots. I would like to try and help you out in any way possible and make this right and take care of you. Please shoot me an email (PM me for address). Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Matt