Boot advice for next year hunt

ofl0926

WKR
Hey what’s up everyone. Looks like I am about next year and Oregon for a second season rifle hunt for elk. The guide Mentioned bringing two pairs of boots. I am Magine during that time of the year in November there could be a possibility of snow. I currently own a pair of Salomon 4 D GTX boots but I don’t think it’ll be good for that type of weather. Any advice on a different boot that I can go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go with an all leather boot as they typically maintain their waterproofing longer. Plus you can use a waterproofing treatment on them when needed. Lots of good brands to choose from. I prefer Zamberlan, but lots of guys here like Lowa, Crispi, Scarpa, etc.

DDRH65PRC

FNG
UA Raider boots with BOA laces. I wear these with First Lite socks and it feels great!!! the BOA laces can be loosened easily for a relaxed fit while glassing or just chillin' at camp. I have not personally had any durability issues with UA boots and they are very comfy. Traction is great so far, no slippage.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
UA Raider boots with BOA laces. I wear these with First Lite socks and it feels great!!! the BOA laces can be loosened easily for a relaxed fit while glassing or just chillin' at camp. I have not personally had any durability issues with UA boots and they are very comfy. Traction is great so far, no slippage.

ill take a look at them

i am trying to buy these things now so i can train with them. i know Lowa is having a sale and other brands too. so please all recommendations welcome.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a link to our boot reviews. Rokslide Footwear Reviews

There is a lot of good information for you to get started. I've used the Zamberlan 960 Guides for a few years and they have been really good for me. I actually bought a new pair to replace a pair that has a few seasons on them but I haven't used them since I have been reviewing a pair of Kenetrek boots this year. For heavy packing, they are my new favorite.

You can read the ongoing Kenetrek Mountain Guide review here and I should be publishing my final review soon.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check the Schnees line up as well they have some good late season boots Ive been running the granite vi

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Well I went with the crispi Nevada insulated. I almost went with the Wild rock version cause it has 200gr more insulation. I think with alternating socks, I’ll be good. Hope I did well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobr1

WKR
Yeah there are a lot of different high quality hunting boot brands. I tried on several but it came down to the comfort and how they felt on my feet. Went with the Nevadas as well.