Schnees and Lathrop Boots

Hey guys,

I am currently looking into buying one of these two brands of boots for work and my upcoming Barbary hunt. I have already went through Crispi and Asolo. Have also tried on kenetreks and lowa in stores and Lowa Tibet Hi we’re by far the closest I could get to the issues I have had with boots besides them not having a Wide version in store. I seem to have an abnormally high heel bone so the top of the heel cups in the boots I have tried are digging into the back of my heel on uphill slopes. There’s no heel slip really it’s just pressure. I have had luck with both Danner Pronghorns and a set of Rocky military style boots that I have had in the past year. However, working in Bighorn territory for a good 4 months made me realize how fragile and unsupported those boots are for that type of terrain. I was looking into getting the full Lathrop and Sons system however having had success with other boots in the past and not blistering easy and not having the money for it has made me think I should just buy a set. So my question is if anyone else has had this same issue and figured it out and how deep the heel cup on the Schnees brand is. Any information would be extremely helpful! Thank you!