Need advice for first fancy boots

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
As noted many very good options but have to find what works for your feet....try several different brands before making a decision

Just read throught this thread and was surprised to see no one had recommended Lowas. I have two pair's and both have been great boots. Of course to style will be up to you but the Lowa line up should be considered for sure.

OP
deertrout

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the feedback, very much appreciated. Tried the kennetrek mountain extremes on, was surprised how stiff they were, was almost like walking in ski boots. Does that go away after break in? Gonna get the opportunity to try some crispi's on in a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback, very much appreciated. Tried the kennetrek mountain extremes on, was surprised how stiff they were, was almost like walking in ski boots. Does that go away after break in? Gonna get the opportunity to try some crispi's on in a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kenetreks have a 50 mile break in. I guess they do flex a little more as you wear them but they are a stiff boot. Thats how they are designed. A lot of people like that stiffness for mountain hunting especially for packing a heavy load and for side hilling. The Crispi summits i bought are not nearly as stiff.

OP
deertrout

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
Ended up purchasing a pair of crispi Idaho gtx's. They felt pretty comfortable at the store, but both feet were sore around the backs of my heels after the first time out in them- bout 1.5 miles. Did 4 miles a couple says later, same thing but not as bad, more an issue with the right than the left. Did a little over 7 miles a day later and the same but no issues in my left except for a sore spot on the top of my foot up near my ankle. Took a day off and did 4 more miles, must have hit the break in point cause it was like they were different boots, no issues at all with either foot.

Playing around with lacing techniques and investigating aftermarket insoles, but feel like I found a winner. Thanks again for all the help!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

davep1122

FNG
Crispi! I wear the crispi Idaho’s and they are great, water proof, rigid, fit my feet great and hardly any brake in time, Idaho’s are more for steeper country, however they make the Wyoming’s which are the small version and better for all around stuff, along with the many other models they carry. I can also get these boots very tight especially with the heel lock in which is great for downhill and side hilling. Hope this helps.

Have you compared these to any other Crispi’s? I bought the Briksdal but have been having issues with my feet being numb after wearing them, but not during.

OP
deertrout

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
Have you compared these to any other Crispi’s? I bought the Briksdal but have been having issues with my feet being numb after wearing them, but not during.
No, the other crispi models the store carried weren't really what I was looking for so I didn't try them on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk