Help me find some quieter boots

Hey all, I’m going to begin the process of looking for some new boots here shortly. I currently have Kenetrek Hardscrabble Lites. I have worn them for the last 5 years and love them. They’ve been great to me. The only thing that bothers me about them is that they are loud. They have a very stiff sole and walking silently is almost laughable. What would you all recommend? I need something with good ankle support for heavy loads and lots of side hilling (like all western hunters lol), something waterproof and something fairly quiet...ie softer sole? What’s been working for you.

Ps- I also have fairly wide feet so something that can accommodate that is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a wider foot try the Crispi Nevada. I have a skinny foot I'm rocking the Wyomings now.
Nevada was just a little loose on me,
Or I would say anything in the Crispi 3 flex.
Order from black ovis, they give u 30days to return.
They have to be clean and new, I out shopping bags over them to try them out.
Use code Rokslide10

OP
O
Thanks BRTreedogs! I will give those a look. Also, did you get a chance to use the Element pants yet?

Anything in the "trekking" category is going to be more that kind of boot. Scarpa Zodiacs, Salewa Crows, and La Sportiva Trango Cubes are mountaineering soled boots that are light enough to be somewhat quiet in. I'm much quieter in that style of ultralight boot than something like a Zamberlan Ibex or Kenetrek. As mentioned, to go to something really stealthy you'll be compromising support. I've found the ultralight mountaineering boots to be a good compromise.

JP100

WKR
Walk quite......

I have bow hunted in full shank mountain boots, and I know Im not the only one.

How you walk/stalk makes a huge difference.

Granted a soft sneaker will be quiter for sure, but you might be sacrificing safety/comfort/ability to move about, if you go to a lighter boot.

A soft sole will wear out quick aswell