Crispi Briksdal vs Nevada’s

11bhank

FNG
Hello, I ordered both the Crispi Briksdal and the Nevada’s. Both feel amazing. I like how the Nevada’s seem to propel your step a little better but I like the narrowness and the looks of the Briksdals. I have to return one pair. Any help/advice on which pair to keep? The Nevada’s seem like a more durable boot. The Briksdals seem to fit a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evergreen

WKR
Put my Briksdahls through the paces this year in idaho and loved em!! Packed out 2 bucks in extremely steep holes so they've earned their spot as my go to boot. They held up well to the rocks and clearcut slash, gripped well in loose soil and snow. I have no experience with the Nevadas so I can't speak on their behalf.

Kotaman

WKR
I have both. The Briksdals are stiffer and do better in the tough stuff, especially side hilling. With that, I don’t think I’ve ever had a more comfortable all purpose boot than the Nevada’s. I’d chose based on use. If they are exclusively for mountain hunts I’d go Briksdal. If it is more for all around general use, I’d go Nevada.

OP
11bhank

11bhank

FNG
Is there a lot of difference in the two for just general use? I hunt a lot of rocky, steep areas but I also like to hike easy/moderate trails with my family.

Kotaman

WKR
Is there a lot of difference in the two for just general use? I hunt a lot of rocky, steep areas but I also like to hike easy/moderate trails with my family.

No not really. The Nevada’s are just more comfortable for me in general that’s all. Both great boots. I wouldn't want to be without either one.

Last edited:
I have a very limited amount of time using a pair of briksdals and not for much more than a 1 mile hike to my feeder on flat ground.

This is my first pair of "stiff" boots and I was suprised when first putting them on. I didn't really notice a big difference over the steel toe boots I normally wear for work. Maybe some of this is the rocker up front, really not sure on that. I guess I may have just expected something different being that I had no experience with this type of boot.

One thing I have been suprised by was them not being too hot.
I live in South TX and have been wearing them to work with a pair of darn tough full cushion socks for the last week.
I havent yet felt that they were too hot in temps up to 80 even with them being slightly insulated.

This is the most comfortable(also the only pair of quality) boots I have ever owned.
My only problem is on the left side of my right foot I get a spot that bugs me a little but only when sitting still. It's not a spot that seems like it will blister and my cheap boots do the same thing. Not sure if maybe a wide would be better but I only experience this on my right foot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Forks

FNG
My Briksdal's are surprising me in the durability dept. I primarily chase partridge in nasty, sharp, steep pumas and these are my new favorite.

OP
11bhank

11bhank

FNG
Thanks to everyone for the input. I went with the Briksdals. They just fit better. So far I love them!