Crispi Width

Cranman

FNG
I'm looking at purchasing some Crispi boots but don't have a dealer near me. Just wondering how the wide sizes are for width. I have a really wide foot. I've been wearing Danners all my life in the EE width and they are just a bit snug.
Looking at the Crispi Thor's to be specific.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Am also interested in the width of Crispis in the Nevada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cranman

FNG
The crispy Thor review on here said they ran wide. I ordered a pair of 12 wide today. I’ll post on how they fit when I get them.

grfox92

WKR
They varry based on the model. My Lapponias have a very roomy toe box. Wider then most boots I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have the Idaho's and the Thors in an 11.5 wide. The wide sizes seem plenty wide to my feet, and i sometimes struggle finding shoes that fit. The idahos have a little more room in the toe box but the Thors are OK if i dont lace them up super tight down by my toes. I dont really like a lot of pressure on the sides and tops of my feet so i leave the laces a little more relaxed and tighten them more around the heel and ankle. I wear the THors as a daily boot now and prefer the Idahos as my hunting boots.

Kotaman

WKR
I have a wide forefoot and narrow heel. The regular width fits me great in the Nevadas, Guides, Thors, Briksdals, Summits and Monaccos. The Briksdal is the narrowest of the one's I own, but still adequate for me. I gotta believe their wide sizes are very generous.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Kotaman, your insight on boots (and other topics) here and elsewhere has been great. Can you contrast the Lowa Tibet’s to your Crispis?

Thanks, Mudd Foot

OP
C

Cranman

FNG
Good to hear the Thors should be wide enough. Mine will be here Saturday, can't wait to try them out. I've blown sides out of other boots in their wides due to my wide toe area!

Kotaman

WKR
Kotaman, your insight on boots (and other topics) here and elsewhere has been great. Can you contrast the Lowa Tibet’s to your Crispis?

Thanks, Mudd Foot

IMO Lowas new generation boots have changed, and not for the better. I owned a pair of Tibet’s years ago, that were great. I don’t like the style or fit of the new Tibet. For my foot shape, the Crispi forefoot is much more generous than the current version of the Tibet. Lowa has also discontinued one of my favorite boots ever in the Bighorn. To me Lowa has moved away from a practical hunting boot and moved more towards hiking and fashion. Keep in mind that is just one man’s opinion that used to wear Lowas almost exclusively. I just don’t love the direction they’re going. Crispi, on the other hand gets two thumbs up on every pair I own. When Crispi first came on the scene I couldn’t wear them as they were a strong Europeon (narrow last) fit. They have since moved more to an “American” (wider last) fit.

Last edited:

Mudd Foot

WKR
As always, great insight. Have been researching the Nevada’s. The smaller/lesser rocker on the Tibet has me scratching my head. Love the stiffness on the shank though.

Devenk89

Lil-Rokslider
I have some 2018 model Nevada Legends

I own the standard width version, and they seem to run ever so slightly wider than a standard boot

Deven

Ebby

WKR
I agree with what has been said. I have a very narrow heel and midfoot but wide forefoot. The Crispis are perfect for my feet. I own or have owned 6-7 pair and have found them to be pretty similar. If you need a wide heel or midfoot go with the Wide but otherwise the standard works well.

Lee

Same here.

I have a wide foot with a narrow heel. My feet measure out at 12.5 EEE with the left being a bit closer to 13. My foot gear ranges from 12 to 13.5, depending on type and brand. My danners are 13 EE or EEE and most hiking boots are 13 wide for me.

I own crispi Thor’s and Idaho’s. I tried the 12 and 12.5 but ended up in a 13 wide in both. I run them with green super feet insoles and find the width and volume of the foot box to be perfect. Roomy without a lot of slop.

The Thor’s have become my go to midweight hikers. Really like them. I like the Idaho’s as well but it I bought another pair I would go with the low top version or the Nevada’s.

Subjb

FNG
I have an exceptionally wide foot. My Idahos in 12 wide fit very well. I went 12.5 wide in the Guides and they fit equally well

OP
C

Cranman

FNG
I got my Thors in 12 wide. They seem to fit really well. Haven't had a chance to put much distance on them yet but I definitely like them!