Cabela's Miendl Denali vs Crispi Nevada

bozeman

WKR
So, I am down to two different boots......the kicker, I have $200 in Cabela's 'bucks' built up......elk archery or 1st rifle and maybe a chance at a Sitka Buck in 2020...….I have some Salomon Quest 4D's that I hunted in last year, so I have a light weight pair (side hilling killed my ankles being from Bama, I cant really practice that). Do I get the Denali's almost 'free' (on sale and use Cabelas bucks) or cringe and pay for the Nevada? Choices, choices....

Bozeman

Try them both on and let your feet decide. Don’t let the $200 be the deciding factor on something as important as boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
Try them both on and let your feet decide. Don’t let the $200 be the deciding factor on something as important as boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice here...I had Denali’s but returned them as they killed my foot where they “creased”. Nevada’s are one of the most comfortable boots I’ve ever put on my feet.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Thanks Kotaman……….I can use the Cabela's bucks for a rangefinder. Looks like I missed the big 25% off sale at Black Ovis by 2 weeks on Crispi's...……..arghhh.

I’m on my 2nd pair of Denali’s in 10 years. I wear them a lot, 150+ days a year and they work for me. You really are best off to buy both and wear them each for a while to decide what works best for you.

shmacker

FNG
I'll second the comment about the Nevadas being the most comfortable boot I've owned. And I have tried quite a few different brands and styles.

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
Just got an email from Black Ovis today with 20% off promo code for December.
My brother already used it on some Wyomings

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
Yes sir, go it as well. I called blackovis. Classifieds here- got a pair of Idaho's on the way (taller boot).

TheCougar

WKR
Not impressed with my Cabelas Meindl boots. I think they are Perfect Hikers or something. The first pair lasted on season, and I had to exchange them for a new pair after running through the toe. The second pair got Tuff Toe put on the immediately, and they lasted a couple of years of average use - maybe 30-40 days in the field, but they lost their waterproofness. I’m moving on... the good news is that Cabelas will take them back, but I don’t hunk I will return the second pair. I feel kind of dirty trying to exchange 2 year old boots.