Please read this!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Guys,

It has come to my attention that a few members are trying to promote other companies gear through PM's. We understand that a PM is sometimes better when talking about products and giving advice, but if you're trying to throw a sales pitch to someone through a PM and the company you're promoting has chosen not to sponsor Rokslide, well, that won't be tolerated for long.

Please treat the actual sponsors that keep Rokslide going with courtesy, and stop selling products through PM's!

Also, if you register as a member and use your company logo in your Avatar, or your company contact info in your signature line, your account will be deleted without notice.

THIS INCLUDES PODCASTS

We are more than fair in the prices to advertise compared to the number of hunters we reach, so anyone wanting to advertise on Rokslide can request a Marketing Packet at [email protected]

Please don't turn this into a 00-7 sales ring!

Thanks Everyone!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sounded like selling, but I didn't read the PM's.

Just be respectful of Rokslide sponsors and owners and we won't have an issue.

littlebuf

Banned
ive bought a few things through strictly PM's on here (from a vendor). never got a "sales pitch' just a progression in a discussion. I thought it was actually pretty respectful that it was a pm sent about an item and not a thread jack. don't know the details of what your talking about though aron and if its a spam type deal I would completely agree. if its just a "hey I can make you a good deal on what your looking for" via pm I don't see much difference than having a classifieds forum. which the web site has...

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
ive bought a few things through strictly PM's on here (from a vendor). never got a "sales pitch' just a progression in a discussion. I thought it was actually pretty respectful that it was a pm sent about an item and not a thread jack. don't know the details of what your talking about though aron and if its a spam type deal I would completely agree. if its just a "hey I can make you a good deal on what your looking for" via pm I don't see much difference than having a classifieds forum. which the web site has...

Not talking about things like that.....

Example:

If jetboil came on Rokslide, said no to sponsoring the site, than started selling them through pm's.

littlebuf

Banned
yup, that would be underhanded. I was pretty sure the example I gave would be acceptable practice. good to clarify though

I would like to take the necessary steps to use this platform please.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Murdy

WKR
Just to be clear, you do not have a problem with a member who is not affiliated with a company directing another member who has expressed a need or interest in something to someplace where they can acquire it? (presumably for a good price)

tdhanses

WKR
Just to be clear, you do not have a problem with a member who is not affiliated with a company directing another member who has expressed a need or interest in something to someplace where they can acquire it? (presumably for a good price)

That’s what the Gear Deals section of the classifieds does so doubt it’s an issue.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

tdhanses is right, you can do that.

What we don't want are these slimy plants from companies that want to make all this money off you guys coming on for free, creating unfair competition to the sponsors who actually put some skin in the game and help bring Rokslide to all of you.

If they they start off the relationship by sneaking around, it tells you a lot about about the company, does it not?

PRC_GUY

WKR
I purchased two scope from Buckye-optic, who sponsors Rokslide, I love to deal with whom , who sponsors Rokslide.