Back Country Editor Aron Snyder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please read this!

Hey Guys,

It has come to my attention that a few members are trying to promote other companies gear through PM's. We understand that a PM is sometimes better when talking about products and giving advice, but if you're trying to throw a sales pitch to someone through a PM and the company you're promoting has chosen not to sponsor Rokslide, well, that won't be tolerated for long.

Please treat the actual sponsors that keep Rokslide going with courtesy, and stop selling products through PM's!

We are more than fare and will work something out with anyone wanting to advertise on Rokslide, so please don't turn this into a 00-7 sales ring!

Thanks Everyone!

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Im actively promoting rokslide and me and Aron have discussed opportunities that I throw his way on more then one occasion =). Love this place want to keep it going and help be a part of making it successful.
    Maven Convert
    My experiences are just that... My Experiences.... and should be taken as such. I claim not to be an authority on anything just a guy who loves the outdoors and hopes to share his passion with others who enjoy it also..

Post Thanks / Like
    So Aron is it individuals talking up products through PM's or companies selling through PM's??
    “It’s paradoxical that the death of your quarry is besides the point and at the same time the whole point. A chase without a kill as its object is like a journey without a destination; a kill without a chase employing all the hunter’s craft is killing, not hunting.”

- Philip Caputo

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounded like selling, but I didn't read the PM's.

Just be respectful of Rokslide sponsors and owners and we won't have an issue.
    “I’d rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads”

– Colonel Charlie Beckwith

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive bought a few things through strictly PM's on here (from a vendor). never got a "sales pitch' just a progression in a discussion. I thought it was actually pretty respectful that it was a pm sent about an item and not a thread jack. don't know the details of what your talking about though aron and if its a spam type deal I would completely agree. if its just a "hey I can make you a good deal on what your looking for" via pm I don't see much difference than having a classifieds forum. which the web site has...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebuf View Post
    ive bought a few things through strictly PM's on here (from a vendor). never got a "sales pitch' just a progression in a discussion. I thought it was actually pretty respectful that it was a pm sent about an item and not a thread jack. don't know the details of what your talking about though aron and if its a spam type deal I would completely agree. if its just a "hey I can make you a good deal on what your looking for" via pm I don't see much difference than having a classifieds forum. which the web site has...
    Not talking about things like that.....

Example:

If jetboil came on Rokslide, said no to sponsoring the site, than started selling them through pm's.
    “I’d rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads”

– Colonel Charlie Beckwith

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup, that would be underhanded. I was pretty sure the example I gave would be acceptable practice. good to clarify though

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to take the necessary steps to use this platform please.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patches2565 View Post
    I would like to take the necessary steps to use this platform please.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I sent you a PM and who to contact to become a sponsor.
    Doug Rosin
    (916) 607-1211

Site Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be clear, you do not have a problem with a member who is not affiliated with a company directing another member who has expressed a need or interest in something to someplace where they can acquire it? (presumably for a good price)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdy View Post
    Just to be clear, you do not have a problem with a member who is not affiliated with a company directing another member who has expressed a need or interest in something to someplace where they can acquire it? (presumably for a good price)
    That’s what the Gear Deals section of the classifieds does so doubt it’s an issue.
    Formerly known as Dotman

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdy View Post
    tdhanses is right, you can do that.

What we don't want are these slimy plants from companies that want to make all this money off you guys coming on for free, creating unfair competition to the sponsors who actually put some skin in the game and help bring Rokslide to all of you.

If they they start off the relationship by sneaking around, it tells you a lot about about the company, does it not?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post