Push Button

Battleguy

Banned
What kind of push button calls are good or which ones do you use? Or are they just a gimmick? I'm new to turkey hunting and am looking for easy calls to use and thought these look pretty easy to operate but I was just wondering how they do and if they ever sound realistic. Thanks

Ive seen quite a few push type calls and some sound good if your stroke it just so, but then you only get that one sound at that one volume. I think they are a bit of a gimmick and a pot and striker are very easy to use and 100x more versatile and you have much more control over volume. I don't use box calls.

A cheap pot call I like is the Primos Purple Haze. You might want to try a few different strikers too. I carry a 2"x2" square of sand paper to keep thinks conditioned.

I don't really use diaphragm calls and I kill turkeys every year. If I was good with a diaphragm I would use them, as it would be great to be hands free, but I struggle to make good sounds consistently. I'm pretty good with elk diaphragms both bugling and cow sounds and find turkey sounds much more difficult.