New to Boise, looking for bird hunting partners

Graves14

WKR
Hey guys,

Might be a long shot but here we go. I’m 31, in good shape, have two good bird dogs and about a decade of ruffed grouse and woodcock hunting in New England under my belt. I had an awesome archery elk season but now I’d really like to get my dogs and myself out after some of the incredible bird species here.

I’m not exactly sure what kind of terrain or cover I should be looking for so I’d love to meet up either in the field or for a beer with anyone in the area willing to show me what to look for and how to target quail, forest grouse, chukar, and/or huns.

Anyone willing to help me get started here?

Thanks for reading and have a good season,
Pat

I see quite a few chukars, grouse, quail, etc when I'm out and about for deer and elk. From what I've seen the chukars love big open country... if you sit long you'll hear them and see them scurrying around. Be prepared to walk from one end of the canyon to the other, and back a few times. They're smart and like to bounce back and forth across the country. I see them in tall grass scattered with sage brush generally

For grouse I seem to just stumble on them out in the mountains. They're great fun to hit with a bow usually after they've scared the piss out of me by flushing during a moment of silence lol :D

More than happy to connect in the future. Still working on my deer tag so that is precedence right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

exppi

FNG
Happy to connect as well. Mid 30's myself and relocated to Boise earlier this year.

Same here be happy to connect. I know the are arou d Mountain home very well as i do alot a predator hunting but would love to wing shoot to. Ive seen a ton of chucker, grouse pheasant and quail around. So should be good shooting! Ive only lived here for about a year and have zero hunting partners. So been solo deer and elk so far. The wife tags along everyonce and a while. But would ve nice to meet up with some one Dedicated.

id_jon

WKR
I'd also be happy to go hunt with any of yall. Good way to meet up and chat too is Black Dog Clays.
I've got a 3.5 year old griff and feel like I have a fairly good handle on our local birds now, almost never get skunked at least anymore!

Feel free to send a pm to set something up

Having surgery on Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to get out before the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd be happy to connect as well. I'm in Mountain Home and am not terribly familiar with bird hunting, but I have some friends who I'm sure would help in getting started.