CA duck hunting

Takem

WKR
We had a couple of good days last week here in the East Bay Area. Mallards were really taking the call...we didn't have many shots over 25 to 30 yards either day. DIY on public water.

KENTunM.jpg

HP81eR2.jpg

Btaylor

WKR
Fine bags right there. Those cinnamon teal are up there with ol Woodrow on the pretty duck list.

OP
T

Takem

WKR
Fine bags right there. Those cinnamon teal are up there with ol Woodrow on the pretty duck list.

Cinnamon's are definitely good looking birds. I'll take a green wing any day on the table though. Do they get a little muddy tasting down your way? There near the bottom of our puddle ducks as far as consistent taste goes.

Btaylor

WKR
Cinnamon's are definitely good looking birds. I'll take a green wing any day on the table though. Do they get a little muddy tasting down your way? There near the bottom of our puddle ducks as far as consistent taste goes.

We dont have cinnamon over here. Shame to hear they taste like shoveler though. Top 3 on the table for me would be greenwing, woody and canvasback with widgeon a close 4th.

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Where you located in Cali? I have family that hunt north of sac in the valley rice fields.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Takem

WKR
Where you located in Cali? I have family that hunt north of sac in the valley rice fields.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm in the East Bay Area. We hunt the Sacramento River Delta. There's some real good hunting up on the rice fields if your in a good spot.

OP
T

Takem

WKR
We dont have cinnamon over here. Shame to hear they taste like shoveler though. Top 3 on the table for me would be greenwing, woody and canvasback with widgeon a close 4th.

Pintail, greenwing, mallard is probably how I'd rate ours.