Goulds turkey in Mexico

Got a trip planned for a Mexican turkey hunt. Has anyone done this hunt, If so how'd you get your bird back? Also any other tips for a first timer?

bradb

WKR
I hunted with El Halcon, first class operation. Bird will have to go to a USDA approved taxi(or did back then) basically I think for dipping to make sure no bugs, after that taxi of your choice can mount it. We carried our frozen skinned(no meat can come back) bird in our luggage and it was our responsibility to get to the USDA taxi and they did check. It was simple to declare going through customs.

Tips? there turkeys hunt them like other turkeys! It was a cool hunt in cool country. It was cold in the mornings and got pretty hot mid day

boom

WKR
what a DREAM hunt!!

i watched a huge flock of them in AZ. those birds are GIANT!! great great bird. good luck.

+1 for El Halcon Outfitters. I plan to return to their lodge again. 100% success with 10 hunters when I was there in 2017.

cuzmort

FNG
Hunted with Rio Sonora Outfitter back in 2016. Great trip and awesome experience! Outfitter was top notch and everything went as smooth as silk. Rebooked for 2020 so cant wait to go back. Bradb is spot on with the USDA process. VERY DRY! Bring ski googles if riding ATVs. Cant say enough about how great a time we had.